1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

FigureWorld 2017

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by garyhiggins, Jun 23, 2017.

1. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    We're home safe, having had a good journey following a smashing day at Oundle. Great to see folks, and do a bit of catching up. Brian, I hope your Mum is OK and comfortable ; Paul, get the glue out, mate....oh, dear, a complete nause. Still you guys looked as though you enjoyed the picnic:happy: Always good to see older faces, and meet new folks.
    Gary, didn't get back to see you before we left...sorry, and hope Sir John becomes a success.;)

Ian, I show you a picture of my heart's desire, and you give me hope ! We can talk again at Euro......at length:rolleyes:

Go safe out there, boys and girls,
    Cheers,
    Alan
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great to see you all.
    HUGE thanks to Adrian and Ruth, Mario, Ian Mc, Thomas n
    Tebbsy for organising a great day out.
    John, Stu, Rob, Darren, Pete, Martyn, Gordon, Ian, Mick, Steve and Richard for bringing so many tempting morsels to overspend
    on.
    For my pals, chums and friends, thanks for your company today.
    From a 5.15 (false) start, to getting home at 8pm I love this day.
    Most of all thanks to Steve (Valiant), for getting me there and back, almost in one piece.
    Cheers all.......can we do it again next payday please.

Yes Alan a BIG tube of Glue. !!!

Paul
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Al for your kind words for my mum,it was great to see you again mate and I loved your French imperial guard duo,great work
    garyhiggins, OldTaff and peedee like this.
  4. red tom Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It was a good day wasn't it. I brought my shopping list and came away without the most important paint I needed. However, I did get some nice stuff off Gordon and a beautiful base of Pete ( who said he likes my police pictures very much) I am not sure if it is the stilleto heels or the short skirts. This is one of the modelling calendars best days for me. Roll on next time.
  5. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Cheers, Brian, thank you , appreciate that, old son.

Alan
    garyhiggins, smudger1960 and peedee like this.
  6. mick3272 A Fixture

I trust everyone got home safe and sound.
    A great day out nice meeting old and new friends.
    Paul stop falling arse over tit its not good for you at your age. But great seeing you even in your bruised state.

Look forward to seeing you all at Euro.

Mick
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    I know myself, Dennis, Brian, Lester and Terry from our club had a great day out. Thanks again Dennis for doing the driving(y). We even managed to shuffle our exhibits around to fit in a new members work......you still owe your subs Tommi:ROFLMAO:. Great figures by the way and much admired on our stand.

I echo Paul's sentiments to everyone who put on a great show at Oundle. Thank you all for a great day. There were some very tempting pieces on offer from the traders and I only succumbed to one.:eek: I saw a lot of happy modellers with bags and I will certainly add to the battalion in the near future.

To Paul who had every right to hacked off and miserable all day after his early morning disaster, but the calibre of my mate shone through all day and kept us all thoroughly entertained and laughing hard with his humorous stories and ditties, I really hope you can rescue them mate.(y)

It was nice to see all the old faces and put faces to names I have not met before.

I only took a few photo's, one of our club stand with the new table banner, one of Gary's inspirational work and a face with such character. A couple of figures from Steve at the White Rose club and my personal favourite of the day - The Roll Call produced by Grod and superbly painted by Paul Casson. Apologies for the pics on this one they do not do the work justice.
    cheers
    Richie

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  8. jai A Fixture

Italy
    "The Roll CALL" also works by putting the figures differently than the original painting .... well done.

Thanks for the photos
    garyhiggins and peedee like this.
  9. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Good to see you again mick,I wish you all the best in your new venture (y)
    garyhiggins and mick3272 like this.
  10. mick3272 A Fixture

And you mate. Enjoy Florida and keep an eye out for the wildlife.
    Take care
    Mick
    garyhiggins, peedee and smudger1960 like this.
  11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cheers mate
    garyhiggins and peedee like this.
  12. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    A great day yesterday, and a big thank you to everyone who helped in keeping me upright :rolleyes::LOL:. Sincere thanks to Peedee for being so considerate of my diet as to keep the cake well away from me, thank you to Adrian and Marilyn and everyone involved in the organising for putting on what's now one of the can't miss shows of the year (y)(y)(y).
    The atmosphere of this one certainly bodes well for the new Euro (which I hope to get to this year).
    My countdown to next years Figureworld starts now :):).

Best wishes, Gary.

PS My biccies are still safe from that Nap :p
    :p
    napoleonpeart, smudger1960 and peedee like this.
  13. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A brilliant day yesterday meeting up with old friends and new. Looking forward to next year.(y)(y)

Cheers Ken
    smudger1960 and peedee like this.
  14. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi ken

It was great to see you again mate and to catch up,hopefully it won't be as long before we catch up again mate.
    mil-mart and garyhiggins like this.
  15. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Alan Sent you a PM mate, I think you might like what it says buddy lol. great to see everyone always a joy meeting up with old and new friends. Keep up the good work Gary the sculpts looked great. Hope you did not mind us being at the side of you . see you all at Euro.

cheers

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    peedee and garyhiggins like this.
  16. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Thanks Ian, I never mind being next to good people :). Hopefully see you at Euro (y).

Best wishes, Gary.
    peedee likes this.