1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figures completed in 2009

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Jamie Stokes, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Well, these are my first figures ever painted, and I am mostly happy with the results.

Well, two figures, one bust, and one 'flat' vignette, sculpted by me, after being inspired.

The figures are from Migs 'Flea' series, little caricatures of a Napoleonic Soldier and a WW2 Russian Fighter Pilot. Fighter base made by me.

The Chinese Lady bust is from Pegaso, and had about 4 repaints before I was satisfied with it (big thanks to all those who gave feedback on my first 'serious' bust)

And the last is inspired by a far Side cartoon, done as a flat plaque in sculpey (the pink stuff). A simple sculpt that turned out pretty OK.

All shots taken in a portable light booth I got as a Christmas gift, looking forward to using it more!

Cheers to all

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jamie, great body of work for 2009. Wow that Pegaso chinese lady, excellent painting and a great choice of colours, very nice indeed. For me my favorite has to be the Larson sculpt, very original and funny and great work from start to finish. All the best for 2010. (y)

Cheers Ken
  3. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jamie, Wow! That is a great start in figures. I see you have many varied interests also. Keep painting and sculpting, it is a great hobby!

Nick
    RS4
  4. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    exellent work and i love the Larson sculpt

Mark
  5. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Ken, Nick, Mark,

thanks!

Yeah, the far side sculpt was surprisingly popular, while the others were just paint slapping....;)

Hi Nick! You too seem to have a diverse range of interests too

Ken, looking forward to more of your sculpting

Mark, your portraits in 3d; always impressive

Cheers
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jamie,

I've just returned from holidays in the outback and so I missed your phone calls. Fantastic body of work for 2009, and a wonderful rendition of the Pegaso bust (even down to the perfect nipple colour). The Larson inspired bust demonstratesyou have thepotentialto become aserious sculptor if you want to try. Looking forward to seeing what you do in 2010.
  7. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Welcome Back Tony!!

Glad to hear from you, hope you enjoyed the get away from it all trip (and in the outback, it is certainly more then possible)

As for being as serious sculptor (or even paint slapper, with specialties in colours of nipples;)), well, I'll get there with the help of friends and colleges here on pF!

Like wise, looking forward to you output in the new year!

Cheers
  8. Mark S Guest

Hi Jamie,
    Love them all,the Larson flat is great,nice minis and the bust is beautiful.
    Hope you keep busy in 2010,look forward to seeing what's next.
    Cheers.