1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

?Figures based on Norman Rockwell paintings?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Carlo Giovanni, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Carlo Giovanni Member

Brazil
    With exception of Andrea miniatures series "A wonderful world", is there others figures based on paintings of Norman Rockwell?
  2. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    For commercial release?

'King of the Road' is one that is also based on a Rockwell painting.

Some sculptors have made their own sculpts based on Norman Rockwell paintings.... just haven't released it for commercial purposes. There may be more in the production schedule, not that I know of, to date.

cheers
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I think this was the inspiration for "King of the road".
    Carl.

Attached Files:

4. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Pretty close, Carl!

Norman Rockwell did a lot of paintings and illustrations, so finding the specific one is no quick task.

The original title is "Hobo", and is a nice little vignette.

Norman Rockwell would be a good artist to study, simply becuase he captures so much in his art.

Back to the original question of Andreas miniatures.

Yep, they have a few figures 'directly inspired by' artists like Norman Orckwell.

When I say 'directly inspired' I am not sure if they have to pay licence fees, or similar, or have wriggled around it, some how.

It is good that some one had released figures like this to the market; I just hope that the original artists rights have been respected.

Simliarly, the 'Pin Up' series are based upon artists that have produced work, which can be found at the pin up files dot com. Just a side by side check will reveal the inspirations pretty quickly.

Andreas website reveals "Oh My God" has been added to the "Wonderful World" series, so yes, there are more.

Cheers

Attached Files: