1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The illustrated Historical Artist magazine - (FigureMentors) #11 is here !!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Nap, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    From the publisher:

Here we are at Issue 11, where has the time? We continue to strive to bring to our readers the very best digital magazine aimed at the figure painter and it is only possible because of our relationship with our readers and our contributors.

This issue has some inspiring content once again, everything from creating your own trees, to painting native Indians, Vikings, WWII German soldiers and combatants of the American Civil War.

We are really excited too to share with you an interview with the master painter Fernando Ruiz and a whole bunch of other stuff too. We are sure that our mix of design, in-depth writing and various topics, both inspiring and aspiring, means there is something for ALL figure painters. If you want to learn and develop as a figure painter, striving to improve along your painting journey, then our magazine is for you!

image.jpeg

Nap
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  2. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Been out for a while now, amd worth every penny. Jay is working hard to improve the magazine, the website, and offer a wide spectrum of articles...full marks..it’s not paper..but in a consolidating market very good to see a young person straddling history, fantasy genres both, push the envelope...
  3. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have every copy. Great articles!!

Kevin D.
  4. Nap Moderator

England

Me too Kevin ...the photography that's in them is something great as well

It's got better with every issue so all creditvtonJay and all the contributing artists

Now there is a edition for the fantasy modellers as well

Nap
  5. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Now there is a edition for the fantasy modellers as well

Nap[/quote]

I did not realize that they had the fantasy version, just went over and bought the Issue 1. WOW, did you read that skin article by Dimitry Fesechko?

Thanks for the heads up!''

Kd
  6. Nap Moderator

England

I did not realize that they had the fantasy version, just went over and bought the Issue 1. WOW, did you read that skin article by Dimitry Fesechko?

Thanks for the heads up!''

Kd[/quote]

Hi Kevin

I have seen the previews but not the actual article will certainly have a look as with the historical one the quality is right up there

I would particularly recommend the article by Zeno in issue 11 ...he is zane666 here on PF

Do share any other thoughts ref HFM

Nap
  7. Davidf Member

Australia
    Can this be downloaded to a Samsung tablet
    ?

Don't worry...sorted it out now
  8. Nap Moderator

England

Obviously you have sorted it ...enjoy the articles ...which did you go for Histoical or the new Fantasy edition ( now #3 )

WELCOME to PF as well good to have you here

Nap
  9. Davidf Member

Australia
    Historical. God there's some talented painters out there. Can only hope i can approach their level someday...
    Nap likes this.
  10. Huw63 A Fixture

I think you many "The Historical illustrated Artist" in the title Nap.

Anyway I got it and its' excellent.

Cheers

Huw
    Nap likes this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers Huw

The title was from the publisher but I have added the TIHA title to the thread title for more clarity

Happy reading

Nap
  12. Huw63 A Fixture

Please check the spelling :)
    Nap likes this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Oh the embarresment .....banana fingers ...cheers Huw ..changed

Nap
    Huw63 likes this.