1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figurebase for Woodland Indian

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Markus, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Brad S Member

Markus,

Very Nice! I have used that water effects from woodland scenics and really loved it. Also those woodland indian figures from Alan Ball are absolutely marvelous. Thank you for showing and for the sbs.

Brad Spelts
  2. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    @Roc: Thank you very much. I´m glad you like it.

@Brad: Lots of thanks for your kind words and your feedback.

Hello Friends,

here is a update. I have changed the roots and added some stones on the way of the water. Also I have changed my try of representing of the mosses.

Then I have sulpted a second figure. It is a friend of our Indian and this french man is on the same trace. They are on the search...

I hope you like the development of this little scene.

As always: All comments, critiques and so on are more than welcome.

The best wishes,
    Markus

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great job on the groundwork. What did you use for the waterfall?~Gary
  4. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    AAAAAmazing!! how did you do the water and the tree?? :eek:
    ER
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Markus,
    I have to be honest here. When I first saw this piece, dispite how nice the groundwork looked, I thought it was way too much for the lone indian. I may have missed a comment before (about adding a second figure), but, I have to say I am very impressed with the layout now that the second figure is added. Not only is this piece nice over all your sculpting on the French fur trapper is fantastic! This piece is coming along very nicely. Keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Friends,

thanks a lot for your kind comments. I´m glad you like this little vignette.

@Gary: I made the water with the "Woodland Scenics - Water Effects". The crowns of the water are made by cotton wool wich is used for cosmetics. I prepared the cotton wool with plastic glue. After drying I cut small parts out of the wool and glued it at the water. Then a new layer plastic glue and then two layers clear glossy HUMBROL.

@Ernest: The tree is a root I found in a local forest. I added some more boughs. Then I coverd it withsome Magic Sculp and graved it with a short cuttet britle brush.

@Jay H.: Thanks for your kind words and your thoughts. Both are very worthful for me.

The best wishes,
    Markus
  7. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Planeteers,

here are some pics of a little bit more progress.

Cheers,
    Markus

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Calvin Member

Markus, doing such elaborate settings most of time ends in a mess, but your is very clean and effective, the intensity of the green give a very realistic idea of the humidity. Is not finished yet ?
  9. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    no words...........

:eek:
  10. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    @Calvin: Thank you very much for your feedback Luca. I really appreciate it. There are some small things at the figs I have to painted, but the base is finished.

@Ernest: Thank you so much for your kind coment !!!

Cheers,
    Markus
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Markus. You have really brought these figures to life by enhancing them with your groundwork. So many people "Overkill" by having too much..........you're spot on and very well done all together.
  12. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Guy,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. I really appreciate it.

The best wishes,
    Markus
  13. fsdesimone Member

Markus, that's beautiful - I'm very impressed with how it turned out!

Francesca
  14. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    WOW :eek: Awesome work, my friend. Very realistic scenery. Congratulations!

Best regards
    Artur
  15. Milorg Member

Norway
    Hello Markus

Have been following your work with great interest, the finnished piece is a real beauty, I'm especially impressed by your work on the water.

Congrtatulation on a beautiful scene

Cheers
    Per Olav
  16. MikkoH Member

Finland
    Hello Markus!

Absolutely stunning! Very great base and figures! Water is cream over the cake. Concratulations! :)

Cheers Mikko
  17. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    @Francesca: Thank you very much. I´m glad you like it.

@Arthur: Thanks a lot for your kind words, my friend !!! They are more than welcome.

@Per Olaf: Thank you so much for looking and commenting. I really appreciate it.

@Mikko: A lot of thanks for your positive feedback and your kind words. I enjoy it !!!

The best wishes,
    Markus
  18. mertenspeter Member

Belgium
    Marvelous job, one of the best groundworks i have ever seen :eek: :eek:

(y) Peter
  19. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Peter,

thank you very much for your kind comment. I´m really glad you like it.

The best wishes,
    Markus
  20. Kyle Member

United-States
    This is inspiring. I love making groundwork, and I have bookmarked this SBS for future reference.

And yes, I too see trees growing over rocks - I have seen them in the Sierra Nevada mountains in east central California, in the Boundary Waters between Minnesota and Canada, as well as in other places across this large nation.

My (fur) hat's off to you, Marcus!

Kyle