1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figure World Oundle, 2016

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by OldTaff, Feb 28, 2016.

1. MalcC A Fixture

England
    That's supposed to be a secret.

Malc
    garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  2. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I approached from the A1 side along the A605, followed the signs laid ut by the team and parked in the normal car park, yes the centre was blocked by the food fayre (Paella was superb).... show was well attended and a great day was had by all that arrived.

What I fail to understand Malc that you drove all the way from London to give up when you were 20 yards ( and I do mean you were that close) from the door, where you saw the steward there was signs pointing you to a long stay car park not 50 yes from where you were, or better yet call someone ( Adrian perhaps) who could arranged for one of us to come and out and guide/get you....

Robin
    garyhiggins and smudger1960 like this.
  3. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    To be honest, Oundle is a lovely place and its always got something or other going on, on top of the food fayre this year there was two or three large weddings which took up hotel places, but again the car parks weren't full and you could get around and there was longer queues in the coffee shops but nothing near the wait in say the Leas at Folkestone.
    The event takes what dates it can sometimes as the halls are booked years in advance.

Robin
  4. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I wondered when you'd pipe up. And i really don't have to explain myself to you.
    but for the sake of the others. We had a lot to unload, so the long stay was not an option.
    Yes, i know a lot of folk used the A605, we didn't and there was no access, despite being told it would be sign posted. I was also due to get a call back with directions, this didn't happen, and as I've said on several occasions, we tried a number of routes to get around.
    And after a while we decided to give up and head for home. hope this satisfies you.

Malc
    garyhiggins, Robin and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Malc,

Don't worry mate we can meet up next year and I will load my donkey dirty meant my good lady up (lol) ...such a shame you never got there despite it seems much trying and driving around ..your demo would hav been a great pleasure to see.

Here's to next year

Nap
  6. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Malc

Well hello to you too...... I never asked you to explain yourself to me..... so I don't know where that comes from.....

I offered my opinion and you have obviously taken offence to it but hey thats the way things sometimes go with opinions, there was enough people to lift any amount of kit in from a car it was done I understand both ways for most of the traders so helping someone who was supposed to be giving a demo in would not have been an issue I would have thought, even my son and I would have helped...:eek:

You should have at least stayed and had some food, the fayre was spot on and then you may seen any number of modellers shopping for food, seems a wasted journey to me I wouldn't have wished that on anyone...

Me..... well I was satisfied all day yesterday, was spot on... caught up with old friends, was introduced to some new people, you missed a great little show a credit to the people who are there year in and year out.......

R
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

Well there you have it there will be someone to help next year if anyone needs it

Glad everybody had a good day hope we see some pictures on PF.

Nap
    garyhiggins likes this.
  8. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Hey Robin

You've not been on this site since 2012 and you next comment came across as a dig for us leaving and yes it came across as offensive.
    No one bothered getting back to us yesterday, with any offer of help, or perhaps jump in the car and perhaps get to the car park.
    So like I said, with regret, we gave up and left.

Malc
    garyhiggins likes this.
  9. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Malc

You need to qualify that statement a little more, Ive not used the name "Robin" on here since 2012, doesn't mean I ain't visited or commented for that matter....

Who did you ring...Adrian and the team can't do anything about it if they don't know....

Robin
  10. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Adrian and Mark knew.:)
  11. mick3272 A Fixture

This is getting to be like a Star Chamber.
    Give the chap a break he tried which is more than I and a number
    of others did,
    Mick
    garyhiggins, Mat Lambert and MalcC like this.
  12. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Thanks Mick

I've also got tired, as I think you can get the gist of his comments and have now blocked him.

Malc
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Guys,

Can I suggest you continue the conversation via the PM rather than here

It would be great to see more from the actual show here

Cheers

Nap
    Chrisr, Tommi and Babelfish like this.
  14. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    As I said earlier,I got into oundle ok,but I wish I had'nt said f--k all now,this is getting bloody stupid
    Tommi and napoleonpeart like this.
  15. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

Has anyone posted any photos from Saturday yet?? Ray
    smudger1960 likes this.
  16. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Sorry ray,I di'nt get round to taking any pictures,I'm sure somebody will post up mate soon
  17. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Been bitten by the bug so couldn't attend this year. Last time I went there was no Food Fayre but the time before that (either 2012 0r 2013) the Food Fayre was on, many roads were closed off and finding somewhere to park was a right royal pain. Ended up quite some distance away.

- Steve
  18. Briank Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I see lots of problems was had getting to the show? but if it's not been said a big thanks to Adrian and the crew, the BFFS had a good day. lots of old and new friends to talk to and to see Gary Higgins there was a real joy.
  19. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There are lots of photos on the Facebook Figure World page if you have Facebook.

Tommi
  20. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Tommi, I don't have facebook, any chance of putting them up here?