1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figure stands

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by G_Rock, Oct 14, 2005.

1. G_Rock New Member

Hey All,

Picked these candle stick holders up at the local exchange here on base. They were on clearance, regular price for a pair $35, but after the clearance mark down came upto $2.50 a pair. The description tag that came with them states their rough blocks of soapstone gathered from the foothills of the Himalayan mountains, that were grinded and smoothed out into candle stick holders. Not sure if that is just hype from the manufacture, but I'm always on the look out for a good bargain. They seem to be the right size for maybe a single 90mm or 54mm and they also seem to have some good weight for a stable base. Did some drilling test with dremel on one of them and didn't have any problems. Does anyone have a good ideas of what would be a good medium for adhereing the figures to these, I was thinking maybe 2 part epoxy. Would appreciate your suggestions :)

Thanks,

Kerry

Attached Files:

2. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    I would fill holes with epoxy putty and pin figures to that...cover top with thin coat of epoxy putty for groundwork to adhehre to...
    Kevin
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

Man is that a good deal Kerry (y) I like the look of stone bases but usually I think they're too pricey, these sure worked out cheap and they look great.

Sounds good, that's what I would do too.

Einion
  4. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one, I wouldn't have thought of those myself. Thanks for sharing the idea with us.
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Wow, that is really cool. I, too, am always on the look out for something differnt on the base.

I am sure the 2 part epoxy would work out fine, too.

Show us what you end up with on these, too!

Keith