1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figure International #9

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by KeithP, May 14, 2004.

1. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I see that Issue #9 of Figure International is listed as available on at least one web site as available.

Anyone seen it yet? Any good?

Keith
  2. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    There's how-to's on painting Dracula, Napoleon, Post Militaire's Red Lancer, Ares Mythologic RamsesII, a couple of pages of naked babe figurines by Phoenix Phollies (rated R), a how-to on creating water in groundwork, & the usual plethora of photos, among other things.
    Hey Keith, thanks for asking this question because it gives me the opening to mention that a picture of one of my figures was included in their Reader's Gallery section. For me, this is as good as earning an award at a figure show.

Mike
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Mike-

Glad to oblige, really.

How about saving me the $9 and posting the published pic of your figure here?

Now, you have no excuse not to because I asked you to do it! :lol:

Keith
  4. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Ouch, ouch. Oh please stop twisting my arm. Oh ok, here it is. Excuse the unimaginative groundwork, unless of course, that's why it was chosen for publication.

Mike

Attached Files:

5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks good Mike.......well deserved (y)
  6. Brad S Member

Keith,

Received #9 about 2 weeks ago. Great issue as usual. A little vague on the techniques, but wonderful pictures. By the way, I was honored also to have one of my figures published in the readers gallery.

Brad Spelts
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Congrats Brad........which figure was it?......Can you post a picture here of the figure?
  8. Brad S Member

Thanks Gary & guy,

I totally agree. Seeing one of your figures published is very rewarding and encouraging. the figure is a Verlinden pirate. Its not my best work, but the face turned out good, but the white shirts' shadows are pretty much non-existent.

Attached Files:

9. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Guy, Gray & way to go Brad! Having the picture in the magazine was a thrill & it got me to thinking about entering something in Chicago this fall just to see what happens. Thanks again.

Mike
  10. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Brad and Mike -

Congrats and thanks for sharing. I'll guess I'll get it afterall.

I have to tell you that I thought #8 just plain sucked. I think the Bireme is kinda cool but I thought the article was not very good. Same goes for the Viking like guy in the same issue. OTH, I got alot out of the English Knight from an earlier issue.

Keith