1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Figure Disappeared In 2012 Euromilitaire's Competition...

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Lancio, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Lancio Active Member

Italy
    HI everyone

One of my best friends (Vittorio Meneghello) asked me an hand to open here on PF a topic regarding a regrettable fact happened in Euromilitaire's competition.
    Maybe you can Help

Here the email sent to me:
    "I've a regrettable fact happened in Folkestone: After the awards ceremony, when a friend picked up the pieces he found that my little soldier was disappeared (I was not there but I'd like to thank some friends who brought the pieces).
    It is a simple figures and appears modest, but intended to be a gift to a friend who liked it particularly.
    Through the Forum, I would spread the word, asking if the unlawful possessor of the piece see this topic and if it had been a mistake, please contact me for returning the figure.
    If it was a voluntary act, maybe something has been noted by those who have participated in the competition and read the forum.
    From here you can see a picture taken in Folkestone...
    My contact email address is: vittoriomeneghello@virgilio.it
    Thanks in advance for your attention
    Vic"

01.jpg

thank YOU mates!
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  2. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    He's a beautifully painted figure who deserves to be reunited with his master.

Gary
  3. Don Well-Known Member

I saw this beautiful piece on the table at Euro, stunning. I do hope you get it back. Quite hard to pick up someone elses figures by mistake.

Don
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    Yeeeeeeeah "by mistake"
    citrico and combatartist like this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I hope that it comes back to you.
    Unfortunally there is no good control when the contest is finished. It happens on many shows.
    Not that I find it the right way, but there must be construct a system that has no hole's in it, for collectin the figures back after a contest.

Marc
    combatartist and Don like this.
  6. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I really hope it all works out Vic and that an honest mistake occurred. Sadly Dons point above rings true. At the hotel on Sunday night we were discussing that the only flaw in the organisation was the unstewarded approach to collecting figures, particularly at the time the awards were given out. Apparently you could go down and the transport boxes were out of the storeroom and in a corner, you just picked yours up and went through and collected your model without having to show anyone your half ticket (n)
    Uruk-Hai and Don like this.
  7. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    When I went to collect my figures, just after the awards, I wasn't challenged when I picked up my 'Civilian' entry but had to wait in line to show my half of the ticket for my 'Mounted' class entry at the other end of the table!
  8. RossM Active Member

Australia
    A sad state of affairs. I hope it was a mistake and that it is returned. I looked at this figure and it was a fantastic piece of work. Sadly it is not unusual for pieces to go missing. I recall Spencer Pollard having an aircraft stolen at Telford one year of the MiS stand. I think we assume this hobby is safe because we all enjoy it but that does not ameliorate for someones character.

Ross
  9. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What a sad state of affairs on an otherwise tremendous weekend.

I do hope it turns up IF it was a genuine error - or the thief exposed, named and shamed into it - and returned safely to the rightful owner.
    Gary
    Dennis likes this.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's one reason why I don't enter my models at EuroMil (the other being that they ain't good enough :ROFLMAO:).

This happened there last year as well apparently (and for all I know other years as well), and as others have already said, it's a sorry old carry-on. Seems to me that wherever you go these days, some light-fingered idiot can always be relied upon to spoil it for someone else.

I advocate a good old-fashioned tarring and feathering if they're caught.

- Steve
  11. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I didn't get a chance to have a good look through the competition, but this figure caught my eye, it was a lovely figure. I really hope it is reunited with the owner.

I would like to hope that it was a genuine error.
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    Nothing a mast hammer across the offending knuckles can't cure. As said we like to think we are above that sort of thing. Sadly it appears not
    Redcap likes this.
  13. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Anyone can pick up a figure from the show if it is not a well known modeller as you are not challenged .
    Another point photographers amateur and otherwise are allowed far to much freedom and constantly get dangerously close to models ,
    there needs to be a barrier about 900mm as a no go zone , it is hard enough to get your work in some cases two thirds the way across the world
    without damage to be destructed by some careless individual .
    Carlos69 and Helm like this.
  14. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Don't want to take this away from the focus on the missing model but I don't want the barriers back. I do however want a ban on the idiots who insist on wearing backpacks, infact one guy was wandering around with a 90ltr + rucksack on his back.
    Carlos69 likes this.
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    I'll have you know thats a hump and I'm rather self concious of it TYVM!
    billyturnip likes this.
  16. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Don't be we all like a good hump now and then
    billyturnip and Helm like this.
  17. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Disappeared? Get real, it's been nicked. A mate of mine had this as well a few years ago, shame it was a superb figure too.

I am sorry to see this.

I've noticed though - nobody seems to steal mine...
  18. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    a good hump where when and who father Jack:happy: gotta be a beauteefull lady mind you
  19. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nobody nicks mine either :cry: let alone pictures
  20. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    You degenerate......I was talking about how well Smudger painted his camel on the Lawrence figure :facepalm: