1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Female courier during Warsaw Uprising (1944)

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by Archelaos, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Hi! I'd like to show you my recent project - a figure of Polish Resistance (Home Army) courier during Warsaw Uprising (August-September 1944).

Sculpted in Zbrush, the figure will be available soon from Archelaos Miniatures in two scales - 1:35 and 75mm.

Łączniczka1.jpg Łączniczka2.jpg Łączniczka3.jpg Łączniczka4.jpg
    R Dominick, Airkid, Oda and 11 others like this.
  2. Blunderbus Active Member

United-States
    Love the concept and the sculpt.
    Would love to see this heroic young lady with a weapon though.
    Perhaps a captured MP40 or even a luger or P38.
    Babelfish and akaryu like this.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I was thinking the same re. a weapon. But still a nice concept.

- Steve
  4. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I like this and will keep my eye on it, just back from Krakow heard a lot about the Polish Resistance so might be tempted with the 75mm version.
    TERRY
  5. Dr Bison Well-Known Member

Germany
    The pistol is in her shoulderbag, of course...
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Do check Martins lengthy thread on the subject..the computer sculpt looks rather neat and tidy vs the images he shows...the Home Army was fairly well equipped as well..so Lugers? Not needed at start
  7. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Photos of the first cast of 1/35 figure are here :D

IMG_20201008_090419sm.jpg IMG_20201008_090359sm.jpg IMG_20201008_090645sm.jpg
    Tamas Enyedi, Babelfish, Nap and 9 others like this.
  8. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Majority of the couriers were actually unarmed, unless they managed to find the weapon on the field. Even though AK forces were quite well armed for a resistance force, there was still a huge deficit of weapons, so non-combat roles rarely had weapon to defend themselves.
    I think it require special level of heroics to repeatedly cross the battlefield without anything to defend and constant risk of death or worse.

I have plans for another Home Army figure though, this time with a gun :)
    Babelfish, Nap and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  9. Oda A Fixture

I really like it when companies pay homage to the history of their country of origin.This is an excellent figure on all accounts:concept,design,production.Lots of potential too.Being available in more than one scales is also a plus.Well done Archelaos.

Oda.
  10. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Looks like some work required on shoulder/arm fittings and the bag..but nice idea in diorama..the street setting is necessary for context otw is a bit lost
    Oda likes this.
  11. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Cuts are on natural sewing lines so they should be easy to clean up. Straps (not glued yet in the photo for the ease of painting) are very delicate but should work well.

The figure is in "at the corner, getting ready to cross danger zone" but I'm pretty sure there are many options as to what the corner would be. For example, burned out Stug or Pz IV could fit as well.
    Oda and Nap like this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Thanks for sharing pictures of the actual resin on the figure

Will we see any artwork of this ?

Nice subject choice paying tribute to these very brave people

Nap
  13. Airkid A Fixture

England
    I like this figure and the concept of a young woman, maybe a school girl doing her bit in impossible circumstances.
    I was in Warsaw a couple of years back, and remember standing in front of the very impressive Uprising Memorial and marvelling at the detail incorporated into the figures emerging from the bunker. The sculptor even got the HA-built Sten copy spot on.

Phil
    Archelaos, Nap and Oda like this.
  14. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Getting closer to release! I almost finished paining my test cast :D

Łączniczka2sm.jpg
    Nap and Airkid like this.
  15. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Excellent! This one is on my list for sure!

Phil
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Thanks for sharing

The painting is looking good

Nice to see a female from WW2 as well

Nap