1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Feldwebel 352nd Volksgrenadier Division

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wikinger, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Wikinger New Member

Hello!

As my first issue in this vBench I want to show you a Dragon injection moulded kit in 1:16. The fitting and details are not so good, but I used it as a training for painting the Wehrmacht "splinter camo" pattern.

The grip at the weapon of the hands was not convincing, so I altered the hands:
    before...
    [IMG]

... and after conversion
    [IMG]

For the colors of the camo smock I did not refer to the plan from Dragon, but tried to copy them from a color picture from the real thing.

There are only Italerie and Gunze color codes mentioned on the plan, so I researched the matching codes from other brands:

Basis jacket:
    Gunze= H66 (sand matt); Italerie= 1706, Humbrol= 94 (sand matt); Tamyia= XF52 (light earth matt); Model Master Acrylics=50155 (sand matt)

brown spots:
    G= H47 (burnt sienna); I= 1533; H= 180 (burnt sienna); T= XF09 (burnt sienna); MM= 50185 (rust)

green spots:
    G= H303 (US light green matt); I= 1712; H= 117 (US light green matt); T= XF58 (dark green); MM= 50113 (US light green matt)

For the shading I added white and flesh tones.

These pictures show the layout and the result:

[IMG]

[IMG]

And this is the finished figure:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work George.......the jacket looks so real and the weathering on the equipment is great. Hope to see more of your work.
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent camo work! That really does look real, some of the best splinter camo painting I have seen in a long time.
  4. olly_usafsoc New Member

must agree with anders there, some of the best splinter camoflague painting i have seen in a very long time, well done for a very effective rendition :). Keep them coming :)