1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Farseer Traveller & wolf Phil walden

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by fanai, Jul 14, 2011.

1. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Here is the finished piece that I Photographed for Phil

a lovely studdy that will be set in a snow drift

Attached Files:

2. Einion Well-Known Member

The figure looks nice... but the canine could do with some tweaks.

Einion
    Meehan34 likes this.
  3. TorMag Member

I agree, the figure is great, but the wolf needs some work. Thought he was a shepherd with a sheep at first.
  4. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hi! guys..thanks for the feed back..l've been working off drawing by Victor Ambrus which he had done of wolves in the London Zoo.
    Although looking at the pic's.l may turn the ears forward this should widen the skull and pull the eyes into a postion more in the front of the head.
    l have not paid much attention to his paws as the snow will come over them, much of his fur will be built up with strokes of thick oil colour...
    once again l appreciate your imput men,its all good..
    good stuff Phil.....
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Cobber, another cracking sculpt mate. Have to agree with the other guys about the wolf. The head in particular could do with a little more tweaking.

I was also wondering if you might create a sense of dynamic movement with the cape, to suggest he's walking head first into a howling blizzard.
  6. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hi!..bro,
    l've allready turned his ears an hour back and thicken his nose, also the fur around his kneck and shoulders..looks better must say...
    Mate as for the blizzard, brother its just blown its self out....!! will ask lan to do some more pic's. of Mr.Wolf....
    catch you my son..Phil..
  7. fear-max Member

Italy
    Very nice!!!!!!!!
  8. ookami Member

Mexico
    nice composition, like bout minis, but i feel the wolf still needs some more work.
  9. PHIL WALDEN Member

Morning folks,..appreciate all the help,Mr.Wolf has been to the Gym, he's bigger more hairy and a face like a front row forward, at last l'm a little bit happy with him...
    Have started to paint the Farseer/Traveller in shades of white, with just a hairs breath of colour ever so little.Must say one can't go to sleep on this piece those wee colour changes are tricky.....
    l will ask lan for some more pic's to see what you all think....
    cheers guys..Phil..
  10. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful piece Phil. Your sculpting has come on a long way since I painted your 'Jackson and the Dragoon' many years ago (and that was good!). The latest incarnation of the wolf is terrific.
  11. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Very impressive kit. Thanks for showing.