1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Farewell - in memory of Maurizio Berselli

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ivopreda, Jan 3, 2023.

1. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    Farewell
    42nd Black Watch 1763
    Dear friends, I would like to present to you a project that Figurinitaly is carrying out in memory and in honour of Maurizio Berselli who recently passed away from a sudden heart attack.

Thanks for this work are due to many people. First and foremost Nello Rivieccio who offered to sculpt this soldier.
    To Fabio Nunnari with whom I shared the idea and choices from the first moment during Maurizio's funeral
    To Tommi Worton and Gordon Mitchell of RDG for their generous offer to print the 100 pieces for the project free of charge. 100 pieces that I reserve the right to increase if pre-sales go beyond these quantities.
    All proceeds from this figure will be totally donated to Maurizio's family for a little help in these difficult times. Figurinitaly will absorb the costs of handling, shipping, packaging as well as any other ancillary costs that arise in order to donate as much as possible to the family

The figure is not yet available and shipping cannot reasonably start before March If you are interested please email figurinitaly@gmail.com and you will receive order and payment

information shortly please communicate only by mail to the above address.
    322367317_669567244917649_3058221634059346065_n.jpg 323880420_1059059732158889_7629224286527078185_n.jpg 323885564_1903112906709931_2055302021971071754_n.jpg 323640174_699266758329906_598500899921704517_n.jpg
    marco55, marco14, Manfred and 41 others like this.
  2. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    A beautiful sculpt and a great cause. Best wishes to all concerned.
    Scotty.
    Tommi and Nap like this.
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Going to way exceed 100 pieces. Great tribute on every level.D
    Tommi, Blind Pew and Nap like this.
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Email sent yesterday, a beautiful tribute.
    Jaybo, Tommi and Nap like this.
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    What a lovely design by Nello and great to see the hobby coming together with such a heartfelt tribute.

Congratulations to all concerned and hopefully we can all respond to support the project.

Keith
    Jaybo, Tommi, Oda and 1 other person like this.
  6. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is absolutely superb, but would be even better in 100/120mm for those of us with tired eyes!

Mike
    Ventress likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ivo

Such a sad loss , thoughts are with family and friends and all I can do is APPLAUD the wonderful response from those involved in this project

A beautiful sculpt for sure and very moving , I've no doubt you will need another casting run

Look forward to seeing a painted version

Would love to buy a bust version if it was possible

Thank you for sharing this

Nap
    Oda and Viking Bob like this.
  8. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What a beautiful way to remember a friend. This whole project gets my backing 100%. Well done to all involved.
    Tommi and Oda like this.
  9. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Marvellous sculpt and a touching tribute. All proceeds going to the Berselli family, all contributors having given their services free . Well done, those men.
    I hope I'm lucky enough to be in with a chance of getting one.
    Alan
    Tommi likes this.
  10. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy

If you are interested please email figurinitaly@gmail.com and you will receive order and payment information shortly
    please communicate only by mail to the above address.
    Oda, Viking Bob and OldTaff like this.
  11. Cannonball A Fixture

Superb looking piece and great sentiment from all those involved in giving their time and expertise to bring this to fruition.

Neal.
    Tommi likes this.
  12. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thank you ,Ivo, ....I have already sent email ;)(y)

Alan
  13. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Mail sent Ivo.

Keith
    Tommi likes this.
  14. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ivo,
    What a fantastic gesture, I really would like to support this but would like a larger copy and I could get Tommi to print me one and send it directly to me if that is agreeable with you and Tommi.
    I don't know what the cost of the 54mm figure is going to be, so what if I offered a donation of £100 for one in 120mm which I could paypal to you!
    What an outstanding gesture of generosity from all, you humble us.
    cheers
    Richie
    marco55, Helm, yeo_64 and 4 others like this.
  15. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    hi Richie

you're very kind but we can't manage all the scale... eventually contact directly Tommi Worton...
  16. Cannonball A Fixture

Great gesture Richie - I would jump at the chance for this in 120mm but fully understand where Ivo is coming from in respect of sticking with a 54mm version.

Neal
  17. Same here (except 75mm) I just like to stay consistent in my scale of choice.... It is a beautiful tribute and a beautiful figure. I too would pay additionally to get a print in 75mm and donate to the cause.
    Paul Kernan and Ben-nl like this.
  18. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    YES< I support this. 54mm is too small for me!
  19. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    by the way...
    this project is only a part of the initiatives done to support Maurizio's family
    If somebody want we had also open a bank account where is possible to make donation.
    If interested please send me a private message and I will give you the bank details.

In any case thanks for the support

Ivo Preda
    BrownMoose likes this.
  20. gerryj199 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    "For auld lang syne, my dear
    For auld lang syne
    We'll drink a cup of kindness yet
    For the sake of auld lang syne"

A wonderful gesture. Good luck with the project.
    Gerry