1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Far side

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by david pickford, Jan 21, 2014.

1. david pickford Active Member

Hello Fellas- I am an occasional visitor here only, mainly because I can't upload pics either at all or because they are too big when they do go up.
    Also, it seems to me its mainly a place where people ( the elite ) showcase their commercial releases and get a pat on the back, rather than a space where bumbling amateurs can go to share their works, learn and get feedback. Contradict me if I'm wrong!

Now after making those controversial remarks and I am going to offer up some WIPs that aren't going to be released any time soon by anyone!!!!
    View attachment 147779

the second one is John McEnroe in the 1980s
    View attachment 147783

A special ops fig conversion...

View attachment 147788 the 3rd Steve Austin the 6 million dollar man.
    View attachment 147789

The next, the penal battalion - HC at Euro and Silver Telford 2013

View attachment 147790 Then my 45 commando Yompers - Gold at Telford 2013
    View attachment 147791

I paint if needs be. ( commended Telford 2013)

View attachment 147792
    So this site should be my spiritual home?
  2. swralph A Fixture

Hi David You certainly have got it wrong, there are some great people on here that can help you with your painting and sculpting whether you are a ''bumbling'' beginner or otherwise. Yes commercial sellers are going to post their latest product's here so people can see them. You call them ''elite'' as though this is a bad thing, it certainly isn't. We need people to produce these models so we can paint them, I certainly don't want to work on substandard kits. Also having looked at your pics, you seem to be a well accomplished sculptor to me. Happy modelling:)
    housecarl likes this.
  3. Jazz A Fixture

England

I will second that the swalph. David, I like your sculpting. You certainly have skills. I wish I could do it but I can just convert some things then paint them. A lot of the guys (and girls) here are normal people who are really skilled sculpters. I am never ceased to be amazed at the work I see here on this site. There are no prima donnas here. Everyone is really supportive of everyone else and that's the way it should be so if you stick around please remember that.