1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Fantasy Samurai Orc bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roy, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello guys, this bust has been referred to in another thread so I thought I would share it with you.
    It was done purely for fun at the request of my little boy who wanted something a bit scary. I'm sure he watches too much T.V. I added a hint of Samurai to it as it's one of my favourite subjects just to add a little detail..

All comments welcome......yes, I know it's ugly.. :lol:

Thanks for looking.

Roy.

Attached Files:

2. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

I’m glad to say I have already got myself one of these, just added a few changes for myself, sbsolutely brilliant to paint...

thank you Roy

[IMG]

Dave
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I would love to have one of these myself...........perfect likeness of my former mother-in-law. Great detail Roy. If you have any more available......please email me at guy@planetfigure.com

Thanks
    Guy
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    That's excellent Roy! certainly not my kind of subject but I can appreciate the quality of your sculpting all the same.

Leigh
  5. nagashino New Member

Hey Guy

I didn't realise we were related by marriage.... :lol:

Roy - this one is definitely on the bench next week!

Dave - I like the colours - looks a bit poorly, don't he!

Cheers

Phil
  6. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Roy

Just how many Mother-in-Laws did you meet before you sculpted this....?

cos it seems everybody is related..... :lol: :lol:

Dave
  7. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    O.K....O.K. enough with the inlaws stuff.... :lol:

You might be interested to know...(true fact coming up)...that as my boy guided me through this...I asked him what type of skin this bust should have...??
    He answered without a doubt in his voice...."like nanny's skin"......the result is there now for all to see.

My kindest regards to all (inlaws included)

Roy.
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roy, Very neat. I like the way historical armor and gear are sometimes used on fantasy/sci-fi subjects.~Gary
  9. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Gary, it was a lot of fun to sculpt...and I agree, almost every sci-fi/fantasy subject you see, wether it is a model or on the big-screen, borrows heavily from historically based uniforms and accesories.

Thank you.

Roy.
  10. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Great sculpt on that bust Roy. Looks kind of like a rat to me. Paint up is also great Dave. Keep up the good work, guys.
    Rob
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roy,
    If this is one of your commercial pieces, how can get one?
  12. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Matt...I'm sorry I don't have any castings at the moment, it was only intended for a bit of fun to amuse my little boy, but I did cast up 15 of them, most went to club members. I managed to vaccuum cast them from a 1 piece mold, so they came out without any mold lines. If I cast any more in the near future I will let you know.

Thank you.

Roy.
  13. callum Member

Wonderful, your son is very lucky. :lol:
  14. Roc Active Member

United-States
    That is one scary looking creature , very nicely sculpted.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Roc :)
  15. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    hello Roy

the next bust could be an orko pilot of the RAF, great work and with a lot of imagination

xavier ;)
  16. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the comments on this ugly orc guys....you're all very kind for taking a look and leaving your comments....they are all much appreciated.

Thank you Xavier....flying orcs.....now that's an idea.... :lol:

All the best.

Roy.
  17. gdcdreamer New Member

I didn't know my 3º year math teacher has relatives in the states :lol: !
    Trully excellent work Roy! Congratulations!
    GUille
  18. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Guille...glad you like it...it was as fun to make as it looks.

All the best.

Roy.
  19. Frank-Holger Member

Roy, you should truely have A LOT MORE Sparetime! Sculpts like that lovely Orc make my heart swing! He is super clean, has a lot of character and is highly detailed! I am always wondering how may busts are made "just for fun" and how little busts you can BUY made for business... I would truely appreciate more of those pieces you made (for your son :) !) to buy than those crap which is sometimes available!

Keep it going, and fantasy is definetly your goal!

Frank
  20. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Frank...fantasy pieces that are based just on an idea are always a great deal of fun to do as you have no limits whatsoever..I'm currently making a pedestal base for this one with a view to produce it, so look out..!!..you might just end up meeting one in the flesh... :eek:

If I get the time to work on them, there are 2 more busts in the same vein that I'd like to produce to partner this guy..we'll see how things work out.

Thanks to everyone for looking at my stuff...

Roy.