1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Fantasy, first of three figures.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Bowery, May 1, 2009.

1. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Well I have finished the first of the Three figures for the vignette.
    The first is "Beelphegor" Andrea 54mm. It is a combination of both box art.
    I will only have to touch up the figure and dust the feet after installation on the base.
    The cape has a little sheen and I am OK with that as capes are sometimes of a different fabric.

Any comments or suggestions accepted.

fantasy 002edt.jpg

fantasy 003edt.jpg

fantasy 006edt.jpg

fantasy 005edt.jpg

fantasy 007edt.jpg

Now onto Ainariel.:)

Thanks for looking,
    Cheers
    John
  2. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great job John.........what are the other two going to be if I may ask?

Got a bit of interest in Fantasy figures lately, and I have Falkar the Wandering Sword by Andrea waiting in line on the painting block :)

Keep them rolling...........

Ray ;)
  3. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    This one looks good John, will be interesting to see what else you are going do.

Cheers David
  4. RFL Active Member

United-States
    John

I like it !

I think he looks very good, especially the pale face. Only minor thing is the 2 skulls seem a bit too strong in almost pure white, and since they seem to be actual trophies perhaps a light warm brown wash to tone them down a bit and bring them more compatible to the reds. Just a thought.

RL
  5. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Very good....rather, very sinister....

agree about the skulls, a bit stark, really thin coats of brown ink may pull it off.

Very ominous looking though

Cheers
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi John,
    Nice work on this figure. Like the others, I would love to know what you are doing with the other figures, keep us posted. Love the red armour.
    Ben
  7. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Fantastic work, John.
    And amazing.
    I liked it very much.

Mitsutaka
  8. Elaphus Active Member

Germany
    Hello John,

nice work, i am looking forward to see more !!!

Greetings

Karsten
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work jOHN. Andrea has a really good fantasy line . I like your result , and waiting for the next ones !!!

Costas
  10. Aterz Active Member

Italy
    I love it! :)

I think that this guy is one of the most interesting fantasy figure in 54mm scale.

John,
    Your version is excellent , the painting of the red armour and the face of beelpeagor is a great work.

regards from Italy and happy painting
    Andrea
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ray ~ David ~ Richard ~ Jamie ~ Ben ~ Misutaka ~ Karsten ~ Costas ~ Andrea.
    Thanks for looking and the great comments.

Ray, David and Ben:
    The next figure is to be Andrea's Ainariel. She will be on the same team as Beelphegor. The third figure is undecided at this time. I am looking at either Space Hunter or the new figure White wolf from Andrea.
    Both Ainariel and Beelphegor will be looking to the left as you view them and the wind on the capes is from left to right. So the third figure if wind is a factor must come from the same direction.
    Any advice and suggestions for the third figure will be gratefully accepted.:)

Richard and Jamie:
    Thank you for the thoughts on the skulls. I went for a bright bleached look with a blue cast on shadows. I am thinking about your comments of a wash and at this time have not ruled it out and may decide to go that route. :D

Costas:
    You are right Andrea seem to have some nice Fantasy figures lately and the above sure tempted me to do the Vignette.:cool:

Thanks for looking.
    Cheers
    John
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting John. We all like to go over to the dark side once in awhile. Andrea does have a good fantasy line. How was their castings as far as fitment?
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Guy,
    Thanks for the nice comment.
    The Beelphegor figure was a nice fit as you only had the head (choice from two), and the sword half arm plus base. The body and cape is a one piece cast.

Ainariel is different with cape and right arm as one piece and right leg as one piece and left leg and body as another piece with a separate left forearm with hand and bow. Separate quiver and pony tail.

The leg goes together well, but the cape seems to be a little challenge to get the right arm to look correct in the shoulder.

Would like to leave it off to paint the back of the body, quiver but dont think that I dare as the join may show and be hard to correct after painting. All the other fit is fine.

If any one has done this figure and has any tips I would be glad to hear them. Thanks.

Cheers.
    John
  14. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Not my cuppa, but beautifully done and very sinister, John!

All the best,
    Dan
  15. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done John! Anxiously awaiting the others!

Jay H.
    Okc
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Dan and Jay ,
    Thanks for the comments and for looking.
    Cheers
    John
  17. GARD9 Member

United-States
    Looking Good.

Great start. Can't wait to see more.
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Superbe work.
    I like it, and looking forward to the finished vignette.

Marc
  19. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    John ~ Marc,
    Thanks for the kind words. I have the second figure completed and will now work on the third. The base is completed and I will probably post the update later next week.
    Cheers
    John