1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Fantasy Female Templar

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by 1969, Feb 3, 2010.

1. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is a figure that was started due to the fact i wanted to practice the female form more with figure after only sculpting one female figure previously, it was also a good exuse to try out fantasy sculpting which i havent tried before. Initially she was going to be a vampire but after completing the naked form i decided she was going to be a female Templar Knight, thats the best part of fantasy i think, you can go whever you want with a sculpt, no boundaries as with historical.
    I will be venturing into more female and male fantasy figure from now on.

Scale is 75mm.

Comments and critique welcome.

Steve

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Steve,

What a great concept mate. Super sculpting and excellent anatomical details and proportions. A really unique figure. Well done.
  3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve, excellent sculpting and what a great figure, there I was first to say it:) she's very athletic looking and well balanced. Have you used Magic-sculpt ? Great work.

Cheers Ken(y)
  4. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Glad you posted this young woman. . .

Hi Steve:

I'm so glad you've posted this young female fantasy figure. I was
    fortuntate enough to see the various stages of the sculpting. This figure
    shows a lot of creative imagination, haven't seen anything quite like it. And
    there is so much interesting detail here. . . it would be a lot of fun to paint.

And I'm guessing that in the world of fantasy, the chain mail wouldn't have
    to be painted to represent shiny or dull metal??? Right?

Eager to see what else you come up with in the genré. . . well, any genré
    for that matter.

Well done,

Kansas Kid
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tony.. Thanks mate i think this was one of the most enjoyable sculpts i have done to date, the reference hunting was definetely the most enjoyable i have done so far for a figure :p

Ken.. This all started with a naked woman and i just went from there once i was happy with the anatomy of a naked woman which this project was all about. Yes magicsculpt and MS and duro mix for flag/pennant and also helmet.

Rick.. I know you are a bit dissapointed that i had to cloath her but i have kids in the house and they would think different of me if i left her in her birthday suite, no matter how tempting it was :D
    Glad you enjoyed the sculpting process with me mate and i appreciate all your valuable input into this one.
    As for colours etc, anything can go with this one, violet chain mail, no theres a thought ;)

Thanks

Steve(y)
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff Steve, not sure about a crop-top in chain mail but it may catch on LOL.
    Carl.
  7. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Oh oh. . .

Oh oh, Steve, . . . you know me better than I thought. Like I say all the time
    when I see a lovely lady. . . wow, if I was just 50 years younger. . . heee
    heeee silly wabbit, . . . TRIX are for kids. . . plus I prefer Wheat Chex.

But ceral - lee for a moment, Steve. This is a very nice piece and I am sure
    this will not be the last creative sculpt from your big and varried talent,
    imagination and creativity. Something to look forward to!

(y)(y)(y)

rick brownlee
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom

They are coming to a high street near you soon mate, all the women will be wearing them this summer, or is that me still in fantasy mode :rolleyes:

Rick... there will definetely be more along these lines.

Steve
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Steve,
    A great figure and wish it was commercial.
    Cheers
    John
  10. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Love what you have done steve - boy you are really turned to the 'dark' side - next month it will be Dwarves and maybe next year a 'bear' :) :) :p
  11. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Most exellent Sculpt Steve!

Mark
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    John...thanks i am hoping this one will be commercial one day too

Ian... Dark sid eis very tempting mate, i think i will elave the dwarfs and bears to you though mate, you have far more experience there than me :)

Mark... Thanks mate i am very pleased with this little lady.

Steve(y)
  13. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    WOW !! really a great sculpting

cheers

stefano
  14. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Steve,

This is Fantastic sculpting! Very detailed work, and I can't wait to see the finish! My deepest compliments!(y)
  15. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Awesome sculpting, Steve.
    I liked a facial expression and a beautiful body in particular.
    Great!

Mitsutaka
  16. tomapaul Active Member

Romania
    Great fantasy figure Steve!
    The armor is exquisit!
    How did you make the leg protectors?I want something like that too for my elf and it has to be symetic.Did you use that tutorial from scibor miniatures?
    Anyway...hope to see more female warriors from you.
  17. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stefano, Jim and Mitsutaka thanks for yor words on the figure and it makes it worth the while to sculpt when you get such possitive replies :)

Paul i ended up making the leg plates individually on a flat surface, just roll out the putty and cut the shape you want on each one, if you lay them side by side you should be able to make them identical. Instead of the raised detail like `Scribors` i decided to go for recessed detail, just let the putty firm up and then press in your design, when the putty is nearly set take it from the flat surface and apply it to the legs and form it round the leg(it should still be a little bendy) and hold in place with a bit of superglue until it hardens.

Hope this helps you mate and looking forward to seeing more of your Elf.

Steve(y)