1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Fantasical Figures

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by ScottN, Feb 11, 2010.

1. ScottN New Member

United-States
    Hello all, new member here. I have been lurking around for awhile and there is some excellent work. I have noticed that it leans very much into the historical and military realm. I work primarily in fantasy and sci-fi, I want to paint some historical figures, but my collection is all fantasy now. I hope that is OK.

I started painting figures for table top wargames but I have found the model show circuit to be very fun and a great way to meet people and show off my work. I still find time to play a game or two though. Living in Minnesota gives me plenty of wintery months to sit and paint.

I have a quick question and then on to some sample figures. What is the difference between the vBench and this forum?

This figure is from Games Workshop, this is the first time I have tried to paint a pattern on fabric. Even though it is a simple pattern I feel it turned out well. Very hard to keep the spacing and size of the pattern consistent. I really like the look of the verdigris too.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Comments and Critiques are welcome. This guy was done quite awhile ago and I traded him away, so I can't work any suggestions you have into him but I will keep any advice in mind for future work.
    kansas kid likes this.
  2. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Scott,
    Welcome to the Planet, I also "lurked" around for years but took the plunge and add my two cents here and there and suddenly you belong to a whole community of modellers willing to help, advise, and just be frendly. Now fantasy is not my bag, but I can tell you that you have the eye, it is very well painted, well done. I reckon you could fall into the historical stuff easily.
    Rob.