1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Fallschirmjager 1940 - 75mm Miniaturas Fortes

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Filipe, May 16, 2013.

1. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Friends

First lights on the face. Vallejo. Next step will be to draw the first shadows, to have an idea on the contrast

[IMG]

Critics and comments are welcome :happy:

Filipe
  2. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    I'm glad! Going to see a helmeted version! ;)
  3. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Diego, i´m glad that you liked my choice. :happy:

Friends

Shadows almost 90%. Next step, more lights.

[IMG]

Comments and critics are welcome

Filipe
    mil-mart and Diegoff like this.
  4. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Friends

Face 90% concluded. Next step, finish it and eyes.

[IMG]

Comments and critics are welcome

Filipe
    Martin64 and pmfs like this.
  5. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Friends

The head is finished (except for a blur near the right strap, that i only saw in the photos) :shifty:

I´ve chosen to paint the helmet insignia faded. In the tricolor insignia, it was literally painted over; in the case of the Luftwaffe insignia, i just fadded it. There is photografic reference of both cases in Greece.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

As you can see by the chipping on the neck, i´ve already tested the fitting, and it´s perfect.

Comments and critics are welcome :happy:

Filipe
    Martin64 and mao like this.
  6. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Nice paintjob - especially the eyes stand out.

I do not want to hijack your thread but I was inspired by your WIP to give my Fallschirmjäger a go. I felt that the helmet sits a tad too low on the head although it is not so visible with your painted version. Nevertheless I hollowed out a copy of the original helmet because I did not dare to fool around with the original parts and worked also on a copy of the very nice original bare head.
    Here is the result so far - I will open an own WIP as soon as I convert the arms of the figure.

Para heads.jpg Para heads left.jpg Para heads right.jpg

My reworked version is on the left - right - left of the pics.

Looking forward to your progress!
    All the best! Martin
  7. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Martin

You are hijacking my thread. :hilarious::hilarious:

What do you think of the Luftwaffe eagle i painted? I am not 100% satisfied with it, but afraid of retouching it.
  8. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Filipe,
    sorry again but I did not want some members go crazy about another German Para-thread:facepalm:. So I thought I would share this conversion with you...
    The Luftwaffe Eagle came out nicely. I have seen subdued versions of the insignia before and your version looks spot on. Maybe you can doublecheck it`s size but that is just for nitpickers. If you shorten the wings a tad and shrink the swastika that it does not touch the brim it will do in my eyes.
    See a picture of an original below
    M38_orig.jpg

All the best!
    Martin
  9. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work from start to almost finish. :) Keep up the good work.

Xenofon
  10. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Martin

No problem, my friend, i was just kidding with you. By the way, i think that it went great your new head!

I took your advice about the eagle decal, on the final photos you may see it. Thank you. :happy:

Xenofon

Thank you for your kind words, my friend. :happy:

Friends from pF

Just finished the details of the MP40. I will do the larger strap, the one that goes in the shoulder, after some tests to check the fits.

The supports of the butt and the strap belt are made of copper wire. I had to remake the supports because i am an ogre and broke one of the resin pieces (sorry, Diego :shifty:)

[IMG]

Comments and critics are welcome. I think that i will finish it this night.

Filipe
    Martin64 likes this.
  11. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Filipe!
    Thank you for the comment. The MP 40 is a somewhat fiddly assembly but I like the option of extended or folded stock very much. Looking forward to your final assembly.
    All the best!
    Martin
    Filipe likes this.
  12. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Friends from pF

It´s alive! :happy:

Comments and critics are more than welcome. As i say, it´s the way to learn. Since these are the photos of the finished piece, i took the liberty of posting some bigger photos.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The plate, unfortunately, isn´t ready yet, but the art will be this:

[IMG]

That is it, folks. I would like to thank specially Johan, SG, Martin and Diego, for following the work, tips and historical discussion. Soon i will start the Eben Emael project.

Regards to all

Filipe :happy:
    crf, Martin64 and Diegoff like this.
  13. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Good work, Filipe!
    Just that tension in the MP40 strap is something to improve.
    Filipe likes this.
  14. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Very nice result! I like your choice of colors and think that they are close to the real stuff. The adjusted Luftwaffe eagle looks good! A slight adjustment on the carrying strap might be considered. I assume that you fixed a part of the strap already to the shoulder with glue. If you gently push down the MP towards the front of the figure and shorten the strap at the front next to the right hand a bit the MP will "gain" more weight.
    Thank you for sharing - it got me motivated to start with my figure.
    All the best!
    Martin
    Filipe likes this.
  15. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Diego and Martin, thank you both.

I followed the tip about the strap. I´ve cut a little piece, put the MP40 a little more to the front and up and stretched the back part of the strap. I think that it went better now.

The final photos. Comments and critics are most welcome and, again, thank you all, specially Martin, for following.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Filipe
  16. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Olá Filipe!

I like what you did on this figure and the way you painted the jump smock, I like to the faded colours.
    Pedro.
    Filipe likes this.
  17. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Thank you Pedro! :happy: