1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Falklands war para by maurice corry.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by TonyT, Feb 19, 2012.

1. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Early days and work in progress, I am going to be utilizing the new Head set Moz has released and the SLR also newly released, pictures of both are in the review section, well will be when i get it posted ;)
    The base is made of plaster mixed with brown acylic paint and allowed to dry out a lot, it was then shovelled onto some newspaper and roughly shaped, though as it was drying it did most of that itself, the figure was then pushed into it (leaving the moulding blocks on the bottom of the feet for extra purchase) and removed leaving the foot indents, it was then allowed to dry and grass has then since been added.. plan is to then mount this on an oval wooden base with a metal para badge next to it...

Anyway to the pictures and any comments are greatly welcomed as are suggestions :)

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    malc and gordy like this.
  2. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    And so it begins :D

[IMG]

[IMG]
    dArtagnan, Grod, kaz6120 and 7 others like this.
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice start. It looks a very good start to the terrain and the DPM looks extremely good. Following with interest.
  4. Ferris A Fixture

That camouflage looks perfect.

Adrian
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking good!

:)
  6. jcichon Active Member

United-States
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Nice DPM. I never thought I'd ever type that.o_O
    The groundwork looks good too,
    Carl.(y)
  8. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Does anyone know how much the OG trousers were worn during the war, and if worn by some during combat, have seen a few shots of people wearing them on the way into Stanley, was pondering about doing them to break up what could become a mass of DP. Even if I vary the shades of the trousers to show faded DP, it might appear to much, what do you think?

Also was it common practice for other ranks to wear their rank tabs on the front tab during the war and did the paras have such as parachute regiment on the slides above say a corporals stripes? seen plenty of officers wearing their rank slide.
  9. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi, great stuff so far,,,I wore O`G`s all the way across and on Longdon, but I was in the minority,
    if you look at the last photo of the group of four, three of them are officers and one a CSM, you will see the rank slides on the major on the left and Captain on the right, the major 2nd left has his jacket half open so I am not sure if he was wearing one, hope this helps. ps I am ex Para regt, ps I never saw JNCO`s wearing rank slides, make him a bit scruffy, as you can imagine how we looked at the end :)
    bye for now Jimmy
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  10. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

That smock looks perfect,well done on the camo.
  11. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Great DPM. Looking good.
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    The figure looks really good,your camo pattern is outstanding,perhaps i will make the sand color to go more towards the "yellowish mustard" hue,cause i think the 80's pattern was indeed a mustard color,but in any case,your work look as one of the finest.
    Best regards!
  13. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    fantastic DPM can't wait to see the rest soon
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great job Tony. Your DPM looks awesome.
  15. dinovision79 Active Member

Very nice camo Tony, I also like the subject a lot :)
  16. Don Well-Known Member

Love what you are doing with the groundwork, will need to try this way of doing it.
    Oh yes and the DPM looks pretty good.

Don
  17. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you all for your kind comments, and especially useful photos, did you use an iron sight on your SLR Jimmy? as most i saw did not have the infantry scope on the rifles also were they all plastic stock, or a mixture?.... have progressed it a bit more but have been a bit lazy this weekend :)
    Still need to tweak the camo on his back a little, but some new pics to update you on the progress. :LOL:

Daniel have tweaked the colour slightly, but the photos lose some of it in the taking.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    offo and GARRY like this.
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Tony,your figure look so good,it will be a masterpiece when done.
    One partuclar item i like,apart from the camo is the wool sweater protruding on the neck,nicely done.
    :)
  19. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    And you are right about the pictures,they don't resemble the real color sometimes.
    I have the same problem with my figures.
  20. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi, it was pretty much a mixture, mainly plastic stocks and butts, but there was quite a few wood, we used iron sights, but quite a few had suit sights, [IMG][IMG]