1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP faire le zouave

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kinggeorges, Feb 7, 2012.

1. kinggeorges Active Member

France
    Hello planeteers,

In France we have an expression which is "faire le zouave" that basically means "to play the fool". I like this title because my Duryee zouave looks everything but enjoying a nice childish moment. I tried to depict a weary guy that went through a a fierce battle.
    He's my first 54 mm figure. This scale has pro and cons compared to my usual 1/35th scale. Whereas you can play with the face painting because you've got more space to express yourself with the brush, on the other hand I don't like big piece of clothe, which I find harder to make realistic, especially if they are mono colored.
    Anyway, This Pegaso figure, which from the artcover I found ugly, turns out to be very enjoyable. I've painted him with enamels and oil (trying to replicate some Bill Horan effets, but without the his talent obviously :):p). I tried blending technics with the hands, and some new experiences on the cartridge belt to simulate torn leather.
    I hope that you like it as much as I enjoyed painting him.
    Every hint or tips to improve is welcomed
    Best,
    Julien
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    kaz6120, ChaosCossack, kempie and 5 others like this.
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Fantastic job!!!
    I love the Zouave uniform, both real French and copied American. You did a great job showing off this flambouant style and the fierceness of the warrior. Great colour and finish.

Keep it up

Colin
  3. kinggeorges Active Member

France
    Hello Colin,

Nice avatar you have !
    Thanks a lot for you very kind words !! I really appreciate.
    I have the Elite Tiger Zouave next on my bench !
    Best,
    Julien
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Julien,

Thanx, looks just like me:lol:
    I know that figure... very nice piece. Elite does a good job on their 75mm figures.

Good luck with the stripes on the trousers;)
    Cheers

Colin