1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Faces

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by carpo, May 18, 2004.

1. carpo Member

Australia
    Hi all - this is my latest face - it's from Pegaso's 90mm Samurai archer.
    I am trying to increase the level of contrast in the tones I am using -
    any constructive criticism greatly appreciated.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He is looking good Paul. The only thing I would try to do is to add some more highlights. This is a figure that is high up on my want list. Please post as you go along with this figure.
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Paul-

Looks pretty good to me, too!

I would agree with Guy on the highlights. Is this done in oils? If so, you could dab on a bit of tit white.

Also, IMO :) , you could add a bit more "blush" to the cheeks. Terra Rosa works nice in that area.

Pls keep us updated on this one, too!

Keith
  4. turcao New Member

Hi Paul,
    Great job, however, the skin seems to be too tanned for a Samurai.
    I'd make a oil mix of: 1 tit white + 2 yellow naples + 0,5 burnt siena and blend it over between your shadowed and highlighted areas.
    Apply small amounts ( with #4-0 brush ) and blend with another soft and dry brush ( #1 brush ).

Regards,

Arthur
  5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Paul that is looking very good.If you visit my website you can see the finished piece for further reference. There are closeups of the face which you might find of help

Stephen Mallia
  6. carpo Member

Australia
    Great feedback guys - thanks for that all of you :)
    I have added some more highlights and am now happy with the result (you will all probably say that I should have kept going but you cant help some people -lol)
    I will post more pics soon!
    Carpo