1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Face:Werner Voss

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by rej, May 3, 2009.

1. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi guys........

Just to show where I stand with Werner Voss........only the face is ready as you can see :D

He is to be mounted on a base together with his Albatross DIII (if I remember well) as the aircraft will be my next brother Joseph's task :D

We plan to go a step ahead of the 1:48th Wedgie we did last year for Euro by depicting a full aircraft with this gem of a sculpture by Mike Good...........God Willing we'll be doing this for the next two years as well with Billy Bishop and Von Richtofen as the pilots :)

The pics were taken this morning after night duty and before I resume in 30mins for the afternoon (yeah my shift really SUCKS) :eek: so please bear with me as they may appear washed out a bit just like my eyes :D

Warmest Regards........

Ray ;)

Attached Files:

2. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ok sorted this out thanks to Samuel our beloved untamed puppy :D :p

Ray ;)
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Ray,

Nice start:cool:
    I think you can also put them with a Fokker DR.I :cool:

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  4. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Good start with this Ray, look forward to seeing this project progress.

Cheers David
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Pedro thanks for looking and your words.......
    The problem with the fokker DR.1 is the size and its fitment in my carry case :( can't make the case any bigger re hand luggage restricted size on aircraft :(

Thanks to you as well Dave.......not really happy with the pics as they seem to have absorbed a lot of unwanted light and the cropping didn't help either as its blown away out of proportions........the lights and shadows look too harsh and the intermediates have diffused into nothing :( I'm sure it will look better when ready and pictured as a whole figure.......

Ray ;)
  6. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Ray,

This argument confuses me because the Fokker Dr I is significantlly SMALLER than the Albatross. Putting Voss with the triplane will make for a smaller base size than would be possible with the Albatross. The triplane is a little TALLER than the Albatross, but this small difference should not be a problem with carrying the model on an airplane.

In addition, the photo that served as the inspiration for this sculpture actually shows Voss with the triplane:

[IMG]

With the upcoming Wingnuts Wings kit of the Albatross DV you can also do von Schleich with his all black Albatross. http://wingnutwings.com/ww/comingsoon

[IMG]

Also, hopefully Paul (at the Model Cellar) will not be mad about this little preview, but here is a pic of the upcoming Richthofen Brothers with Manfred's dog Moritz done in 1/32nd scale this time:

[IMG]

This pair could be done with the Albatross DIII, DV or the triplane so there can be plenty of variety! There will be more such portrait figures coming out in the future! Keep your eyes on this page: http://www.modelcellar.com/

Cheers!!

Mike Good
  7. ModelCellar A Fixture

With the upcoming Wingnuts Wings kit of the Albatross DV you can also do von Schleich with his all black Albatross. http://wingnutwings.com/ww/comingsoon

[IMG]

Also, hopefully Paul (at the Model Cellar) will not be mad about this little preview, but here is a pic of the upcoming Richthofen Brothers with Manfred's dog Moritz done in 1/32nd scale this time:

[IMG]

This pair could be done with the Albatross DIII, DV or the triplane so there can be plenty of variety! There will be more such portrait figures coming out in the future! Keep your eyes on this page: http://www.modelcellar.com/

Cheers!!

Mike Good[/QUOTE]

OOOHHHHHH KAAAAYYYYY,

I guess that means it's time for me to announce our May release(s)?!? !LOL!!!

...coming VERY SOON: Richthofen Brothers Manfred and Lothar (with Moritz) in 1/32 scale. Sold separately, or together as a combo set.

Paul
    www.ModelCellar.com
  8. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    that is one hell of a paint job Ray! so tiny and it looks lovely..

also that is one hell of a preview of two (3) very nice figures.... anyone fancy going halves on a wingnutswings model? lol
  9. ModelCellar A Fixture

Ray,

By the way, I forgot to say: that's a nice start on our Voss figure. Please show more as you make progress. I can't wait to see the finished product with the airplane too.

Regards,
    Paul
    www.ModelCellar.com
  10. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Mike, thanks for your interest, and for adorning my thread with such flair as these pics, especially Voss with his Dr1 :) I really appreciate it........

I will make my brother aware of these news, as he's got the aircraft and it was him who concluded that the Fokker Dr1 is longer vis a vis fuselage which is the main problem re my present carry case as its not wide enough for the plane to sit lenghtwise......the Albatross is shorter according to him :eek:

Another thing which "prevented" us from going for the Dr1 (it is still my wish to make this one with Voss mind you, and make another carry case) is the debatable cowling's colour scheme with that "face" as there are doubts (according to my bro and the aircraft buffs we have at the club :eek: ) as to what colour it was painted in :(

Paul thanks to you as well and really glad that you didn't go mad :D re Mike's revelance of the upcoming Richthofen Bros in 1/32nd :) my only sadness is that I have Andrea's Richthofen already :( and without taking anything off that kit, with all due respect I would have waited for Mike's rendition if I knew that you were going to reproduce them in this scale as well.........if anything I'm dead sure that when I roughly cut the lugs from beneath his/their feet he/they would balance and stand unsupported........if you go thru my thread of last year "WW1 Wedgie" (or something like that) you would know how I raved and ranted like a small kiddo about this rarely encountered feature in a sculpture :)

However on 2nd thoughts I might still ask Stephen to buy them Richtofen bros together with Billy Bishop from your stand this upcoming October :)

Regards to both of you.........

Ray ;)
  11. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Mark, thanks for your overly praise..........

Ray ;)