1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Face painting for fun!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Sorry for jumping in so late. The only thing I would do is a light (very light) wash of a reddish-brown color (like terra rosa or Venetian red) to the eyeball letting most of the paint settle around the eyelids. I think the white of the eye is slightly to white and the wash would tone it down and give the impression of blood behind the surface of the eye while not looking bloodshot.

The flesh is great though.
  2. Pete_H New Member

The face looks REALLY good, amigo! But what about the mouth? Is it supposed to be gray? I don't mean to be a "party pooper," but do something about those dust particles in the primer next time. It would be a shame to do such a wonderful job on the face, only to see all those little nubbins all over the finished surface.
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Pete!

I agree about the primer, makes it look pretty sloppy! As for the teeth, yeah I'll go back and pick them out somemore. I painted them white, then a red/black wash was added and I havent fixed them yet.
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hey Anders, I'd like to see you paint the rest of the figure to go with the head
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Anders,GREAT job on the figure head (y) Like Leigh said,looking forward to seeing the rest of the figure done.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Leigh and Kenneth!

Yeah I think I am going to do the full figure, but it will be as a side project. Now that Im almost done hard core studying for this weeks tests I want to work on the Russian a little bit, but I am sure I'll do some painting inbetween curing putty. And that splinter camo has got me scratching
  7. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Anders
    Terrific job,
    Those tones really look good.

Frank (y) (y) (y)
  8. Edson Member

Mexico
    Amazing!!! work buddy, its a pleasure to see S-b-S like this one.

Keep the great work!
    Cheers
    Ed (y)
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Frank and Ed!!
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Now I'm looking forward to the Russian BTW,Anders,I just got the 42nd Regiment Black Watch figure from Art Girona(courtesy of Colorado Miniatures-great service from Gray Creager !)and I was wondering what item the officer is holding in his hand Is it his issued sabre ? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance,Anders.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth!

Thanks for your kind words :) The russian is comming along slowly. As far as the highlander, I am sorry I have no clue :) I tried to find the figure at the colorado miniatures website but didnt find it. Which figure is it? How are the Art Girona moulding and fit? Never done any of their kits.
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Anders :lol: It's figure no. I-17 (page 7 on the on-line Art Girona catalogue).To be honest,this is my first figure from this company too.Saw it in Military Modelling a few years ago and I liked the pose and setting of the vignette.The kit comes packed in a sturdy cardboard box,with the metal parts sandwiched between 2 big pieces of foam.The small parts are packed in a small zip-lock bag. On dry-fitting,the fit looks pretty good.Some flash needs to be removed,though.The trench gambion shown in the photo of the completed vignette is included,as is a small mound of cannonballs.The "mystery" piece comes in a few parts,leading me to think that it is a weapon of some kind(a sabre,maybe ?) I love the sculpting of the figure's face,it is crisp and the details are excellent ! My next project for sure once my Mohawks are done !Cheers.
    Kenneth
  13. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Are you asking about this figure?.
    Are you refering to the basket hilt sword?
    cheers
    jaume

Attached Files:

14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Yes indeed,Jaume,I am (y) Thank you very much for the information.Was the profile of the sword flat or triangular The reason I'm asking is because the one in my kit came a little too thin for my liking and I want to replace it.Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide me,Jaume.Cheers !
    Kenneth