WIP Face done

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Hi guys!

Just testing my brand new vBench with some pictures of the finished face of my 120mm Panzer soldier in pea pattern camo. This one I am doing in reverse order for a change: uniform first, face last. The figure is almost done and I am working on the base (and on the next figure, so much for 'finishing discipline'...).

The face was my first in acrylics and I am pretty happy with the result. I love that Andrea flesh paint set! For the blonde hair I used Vallejo english uniform, with shading in burnt umber and dark green, highlights in sand. The eyebrows are the only oil paint on this figure; I thought thin burnt umber is fairly representative for blonde eyebrows.

Cheers,
    Adrian

Attached Files:

2. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Outstanding, both the flesh and peadot.
    Carl.
  3. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Extremely well done. I am very jealous.

May I ask who made this figure?
  4. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very Nice!

Very well done as stated in previous post, both the pea dot camo and face is extremely well done. Thanks for sharing.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good work.

Marc
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is looking very good, i like the result you got with the pea dot, everycolour blends nicely without loosing contrast and pattern definition.

Steve(y)
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Thanks guys, glad you like it. I really appreciate the feedback, because after spending so much time on one and the same figure it becomes sort of hard to tell if it looks right or not, especially since I exactly know all the covered up mistakes...:eek:

Michael Tse: the figure is a conversion of a Verlinden one. Below are some pics (also showing what remains of the previous version of the face, then in oils).

Cheers, Adrian

Attached Files:

8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Very Good paintwork!

regards,
    Marcel.