1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

EZ Line

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade/Accessories' started by Larsen E. Whipsnade, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Larsen E. Whipsnade Moderator

United-States
    Not sure where exactly to post this so please move it to where it belongs .

EZ Line is a product I ran across that may have application to figures and bases for our hobby. It's available on Amazon and Ebay and comes in different diameters and colors to suit whatever need you may have.

Basically its a simplified and more effective way to simulate wires, ropes, fences, etc. (I plan to use it to simulate the strings on the king puppet in Medieval Forge's Puppeteer bust.)
    Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.50.56 AM.png
    It's some kind of polymer, no fuzz, no kinks, that will stretch when bumped so you no longer will have to re-glue lines, etc. Attaches easily with ca glue. Here's a link to a demonstration of the product. It's worth a look. Sold me on using it for the Puppeteer.

Rick
    Manfred and Tecumsea like this.
  2. Venko A Fixture

Bulgaria
    I use it for aircraft antennas, now many companies sell it under different names, but it's very useful product, yes :)
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Rick

That's going to be a useful item in the tool box and useful for many things including the puppet strings on the MFM bust

Can I suggest you also include details in the V bench thread on the puppeteer

Moved to "tools of the trade"forum

Nap
  4. Moonraker Active Member

England
    Uschi Van Der Rosten make something very similar. Both that and Ez line come in several sizes. Only thing I would be aware of is that the larger sizes are not round in section, they are slightly flattened, so can look a little strange if you twist them during the instal.
  5. Larsen E. Whipsnade Moderator

United-States
    Good suggestion, Nap. Done.
    Rick
    Nap likes this.