1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Exquis, modern day women busts Kickstarter!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Gibbergeist, May 29, 2019.

1. Gibbergeist Active Member

2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Good idea - that's a good thematic addition!

But quite frankly:

The busts are well done - but it bothers me that they come all a bit static and so it's difficult to combine each of them with another (male) bust on a common base in any interaction.

And for "Stand Alones" they are, as I said, too static for me ...

(Only my two cents!)

Cheers
  3. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    No doubt about it they are beautifully sculpted (little works of art) but I am unsure of how popular these would be, they are modestly posed, and certainly there is nothing tacky about them so it sort of rules out painters who go for the adult themed releases and there is absolutely nothing military about them, even conversions would be difficult to contemplate, however you never know we could see these painted up and they might take off.
    TERRY
  4. Ong Active Member

I would prefer full figures (1/16, 1/20, and 1/24 scale) to tell a story.

Having a bust of an ordinary female civilian (not famous) might not be as useful as having a full figure in a scene or setting next to another figure, object, background, or vehicle.

They look great though. Personally, I would prefer to see a smile with teeth to show happiness if the bust is so closeup.

Also, the artwork on the hooded figure...notice how the upper lip slants down to barely show her two front teeth? I would have preferred the artwork's lips than the closed lips of the hooded bust sculpt.
    theBaron likes this.
  5. Gibbergeist Active Member

The campaign is still going strong!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. Gibbergeist Active Member

7 hours left! ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Scott777 Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful busts, they should do very well. It's about time someone brought out a line like this I hope it does well. Maybe it will inspire more female artists.
    Gibbergeist and Red Five like this.
  8. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

I got a set of these busts and they arrived today. Some minor cast lines, and unfortunately some minor bubbles when I cut the excess tabs - however, none of this is too problematic as it can be easily corrected even by someone with poor to modest skill such as myself.
    The details in all of them is very sharp and give plenty of scope as a study in painting female skin and/or superdetailing in the clothing.
    Looking forward at giving them a go, as they say
  9. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Very interesting work, they really look stunning.. Would love to see them painted. Looking forward to seeing a few more..(y)