1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Evzone conversion

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by valiant, Feb 4, 2017.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

Some pics of my latest "behind the scenes" project, depicting a Greek Evzone in Asia Minor, 1920s. Using a Miniart Dutch Grenadier as a donor figure, this has/will involve much sculpting of new coat, equipment, etc.
    There is only really the legs which are mostly original, along with the pose. Head replaced with one of my own, a shame really, as the original was nice, but too small, IMO. The whole figure was filletted to bring it more into scale, as it was a very tall 1/16! Still loads to do, especially on the equipment.

Thanks for looking in and all comments, info and advice welcome!

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

pmfs, anstontyke, Oda and 7 others like this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Good start Steve. I'll be following this!!!! :)
    anstontyke and Oda like this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Roger - I liked your Greek duo and that was the impetus to have a go at a larger scale version!(y)
    anstontyke and billyturnip like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice subject..a lot of sculpting

Have you a reference it's going to be based on ?

Following ..even though it's got legs ..lol

Nap
    anstontyke and valiant like this.
  5. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great start Steve.

Paul.
    anstontyke, Oda and valiant like this.
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Brilliant start Steve.
    Looking really good.
    Press on Mate
    Keith
    anstontyke, peedee and valiant like this.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks again - I was working on the shoes and ammo pouches last night, so I shall post more pics soon - thanks all for looking in(y)
    anstontyke, peedee and Wings5797 like this.
  8. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some more progress pics, chaps. Pose altered due to position of new ammo pouches, haversack added, cuffs added, epaulettes added, shoes done, with pompoms and pocket flaps added. I want to depict this one on campaign, so am toying with adding a waterbottle, which is just a blob, at the moment!. Thanks to Roger for the references. Still work to be done, tasssel to cap, cap badge, buttons, etc, but Im happy, so far!

Thanks for looking(y)

Attached Files:

Wings5797, pmfs, Trex and 2 others like this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Liking the way this is looking , great subject matter ..even though it's got legs..lol

I see you use Milliput will you skim over it with magi sculpt or put details into the mili ?

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  10. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Nap - no, I don't use Magisculpt at all, cos Im a tight wad!! Miliput does all I need, with Duro for bits and bobs, as you can see. The whole thing will have a coat of primer on it, then a going over with a small piece of rolled up fine wet or dry paper to smooth out any imperefctions.

Forgot to add that the rifle is one of Steve Readdies - a lovely bit of modelling! I just need to add a sling...(y)
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers Steve ...looking good mate ..I tried Duro but just couldn't get on with it despite mixing for hours!

Weapons are Steve R''s forte for sure.

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    anstontyke likes this.
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Good work so far, he's really starting to take shape now.
    Your welcome, if there's anything else you think I might be able to assist you with just give me a shout, I'm only too happy to help out if I can.
  13. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Excellent stuff Steve.(y)
    Keep the good work!

Cheers,
    Pedro.
    valiant likes this.
  14. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

some update pics. Mostly completed now, I need to put a light primer on to check surfaces, etc, then on to paint. Just a couple of details to add on the buckle and some fastens hanging from the haversack.

Thanks for looking in, all comments welcome(y)

Attached Files:

15. Nap Moderator

England
    Steve ,

Looking good mate what a clever chap you are ...looking forward to some paint on him

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    valiant likes this.
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Definitely looking good and I'm also looking forward to seeing some painting. (y)
    valiant likes this.