1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP EVD Marie Antionette bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jcichon, Mar 20, 2012.

1. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    So this is my WIP for this bust. Pepa Saavedra painted the box art for this kit and let me tell you my job does not even come close!!! I am using an airbrush for the first time and the majority of the flesh was done with the airbrush. I tried to go really subtle with the shading and this is a cell phone pic so its really washed out. A great sculpt by the way!!

Attached Files:

Bluesking, Ethan, Edorta and 8 others like this.
  2. hazmat Member

United-States
    I fell for that Bust the first time I saw it posted !!! Such a wonderful sculpt and I am very sure you will do it justice !!!:)
  3. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    It aint easy bro!! Toughest I have ever attempted. Got a nice comment from Pepa, the painter. So that helps!
  4. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Nice start Jason! Lovely skin tones, look forward to the rest!
    Scott
    Edorta likes this.
  5. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    I think the principle is amazing and the skin color is what you need for this lady but for the time!

Alexandros
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Looks to me like you've done a great job on the flesh Jason, looking forward to the next shots.

Roger.
  7. chaRon Member

United-States
    She looks good and for the first time you've painted with the gun, really good work. It's all a matter of practice to get a perfect result.
    If you watch pepa when she paints, then you can see how she achieved a perfect result with very little color choice. It's all a question of color mixing and dilution. And the exercise. Which nozzle did you use and what pressure are you working on?

You on a right way.
  8. Ferris A Fixture

Well to me this looks spot on Jason! Very subtle and just right. I would be careful not to mess with it for too long, or you could spoil the effect, that would be a pity. Always a difficult decision, when to stop... ;-)

Cheers,
    Adrian
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice start!

Pedro.
  10. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Great start,

and Pepa is a lovely lady, willing to help with critiques.

she is a very talented & experienced painter, and does wonderful work.

I find her work worth studying, keep up the work!

Cheers
  11. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments guys! I am not sure what nozzle I used. It's a Harder and Steenbeck airbrush but the psi was 8lbs. I learned I could use lower pressure if I thinned my paints accordingly.
    Ferris, I have stopped with the fleshtones!! Your so right! I dont want to muck it all up by going back to try and tweak it!
  12. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  13. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Nice work Jason! I wish I could get figure out that female flesh mix like you and Pepa have done. I look forward to more pics as you go along.

Thanks
    Gary
  14. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    What lovely tone! She breathes and pops right out. And those bad boys too.
  15. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    I think it looks great! very nice tones in the flesh; I can't wait to see what happens when you have the first few layers of color on her dress and hair. The skin will really pop then!
  16. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    WHOA! Nice start sir. You gonna have her finished for the Texas show?
  17. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Thanks very much guys! A challenge to say the least! Mike, I am gona try to finish it up before Dallas!
    Meehan34 and Ethan like this.
  18. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Good! I would really like to see this in person
    Meehan34 likes this.
  19. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Outstanding start my friend...you're really doing this justice and I'm sure Pepa will be proud once it's all said and done.
  20. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jason,
    she's a peach,top painting matey! is she free at the weekend;)
    I look forward to the finish.
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com