1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euryalia Queen of Ker-Ys

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by bananaman, Apr 12, 2011.

1. bananaman Active Member

United-States
    This is an exciting week for me as I have two babies born unto this world!

One is my own flesh and blood (wife and baby are fine :D) the other is this less flesh and blood and more resin but also awesomesauce and something I've yearned to see sculpted in this fashion for some time (what's the point of making toys if you can't make toys you want yourself?).

EURYALIA, QUEEN OF KER-YS

Euryalia has ruled Ker-Ys since that fell city was first built. She has been its Queen since the first stone was laid, the first glyph struck, the first wards spun, and she will be its Queen until the end of the world, for her aspirations to godhood, her desire to become a living, breathing goddess that none can withstand have attained a reality none had countenanced and all now fear. Euryalia’s ascension from human to something much more, a path that began in the shadow of death, became ever more ambitious, ever more purposeful; forbidden lore, proscribed texts were studied, forgotten rituals were conducted with all manner of beast and man, ignoble sacrifices were made in the name of the most loathsome of gods until Ker-Ys itself shook to intolerable birth-howls that lasted for a year and a day and consumed a thousand souls. Now, for her, there are no limits or boundaries, no fates to bow and scrape to, no deities to appease or supplicate, for Euryalia is herself a goddess, of sin and depravity maybe but a goddess nonetheless, a goddess that will enforce the degenerate truths of her city upon the kingdoms of man.

Allan carassco has done a tsunning job. Top guy, top sculptor.

Pics below. Excuse the less than stellar paint jon in the comparison shot, that's mine and I was so keen to paint her I beat Ben Komets to the job. That said, I've seen his WiP and it is currently peeing on mind from a great, great height! If you're at Salute you'll see his paint job in the flesh as we're flying him over to do some show painting on our stand and he'll be bringing the finished paint job with him. [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

50mm base, high quality resin miniature. More info http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/?p=479

Pre-order her here http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?...bnb_mon_010_000

Attached Files:

2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    What is the scale of this lovely sculpt? I think this is one I gotta have.
  3. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike makes a good point. When we are looking at a new figure release,
    or a work that someone is showing, their latest effort, the important thing
    that we need to know is the scale. Once we understand what the scale is,
    we can look at the photos with some sense of understanding.

I marvel at the fact that so many of our PF members introduce their new
    offerings, or their latest work without mentioning the scale.

Can we get this cleared up? Can our members understand that scale is so
    important to any text or photo that is introduced here?

I am sorry that I'm being somewhat negative here. I do not mean to offend
    anyone. But SCALE is so important when placing a group of photos of new or
    latest pix of your work in progress. Can we agree on this point?

Respectfully submitted,

Rick Brownlee
    The Miami Jayhawk, i.e. Kansas Kid, Jaybird, etc. etc.
    redhorse and Meehan34 like this.
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice sculpt (y)
  5. bananaman Active Member

United-States
    She's a 30mm scale sculpt, but as a goddess she towers over man-sized creatures.

So 30mm scale but she's well over 100mm tall - about 110mm to the eye. For reference that's a 50mm wide base she's on and the guy next to her in the comparison shot is 45mm tall to the tip of his horns.
    Meehan34 likes this.
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the info sir!
  7. bananaman Active Member

United-States
    Painted pics

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    gordy likes this.
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for sharing the painted piece Tim, look fantastic! (y)