1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euromodelismo

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by grasshopper, Dec 30, 2020.

1. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    [COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]AM · [/COLOR]
    EUROMODELISM: The History of Modelling, Modelling and History.
    Touring the pages of Euromodelism magazine is reading the history of modeling over the past 25 years. If we dive into its predecessor Todomodelism and the antecedent Modelism and History we may be talking about more than 40 years of history of modeling not only Spanish and European but global. By their pages they have passed authors from all continents with styles and categories of all kinds who have shared their passion and knowledge with all readers. To tour its pages is to know the evolution of this hobby in its different stages, grow with modelers from its beginning as well as the germ of trends and styles that originated were innovative, innovative and even not accepted but then have become mass phenomena .. We've learned all the secrets of scale representation; assembly, painting, modeling, building stage, using tools, etc.
    But like everything in life, Euromodelism is coming to the end of its long and exciting adventure. Euromodelism is about to meet 300 numbers and with it the closure of an amazing collection thanks to the soul of all this, who has given life and strength throughout its journey, D. Rodrigo Hernandez Cabos.
    With a mix of satisfaction to have completed 300 deliveries and early melancholy for having to close this title we are grateful to readers for having supported us for so long and making this publication possible. We want to send our thanks to all the readers, collaborators and different drafting teams that have made this project possible for so many years.
    Thank you all so much.

[COLOR=var(--accent)][COLOR=var(--accent)] ·
    [/COLOR]
    See original

·
    [COLOR=var(--accent)]Paulo carelo posted on FB. Darn.. [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Shame that no longer available

300 issues is certainly something to be proud of achieving

Nap
    Babelfish likes this.
  3. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    So, Soldatini, And a fantasy magazine in UK that isn’t availabe in NA..not much left
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's not even that easy to find in the UK! At least not the back issues.

- Steve
  5. Airkid A Fixture

England
    I had a few copies of this one, and used to subscribe to Soldatini. I guess the web is slowly putting paid to paper-based publications. No way back. Sad but not really surprising.

Phil
    DaddyO likes this.
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Never had luxury of local stockists for anything ..so have always purchased from Europe..
  7. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Publication costs, shipping costs..risks to stock...immediacy of e publications- look at Figurementors
    Airkid likes this.
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I buy figurementors e.mags but after a quick flip through the pages it goes into a file never to be seen again...not the same as sitting in a chair browsing through a few magazines.

I have complete sets of most popular magazines and for me they have been worth the investment even if in monetary terms they are valueless.

Keith
    Blind Pew, Tommi, Babelfish and 5 others like this.
  9. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    We have no storage space now and advancing age means before too long someone else would have to toss them as so much junk, so the waste seems excessive.we keep only four or fife books apiece and toss periodicals after reading...I don’t disagree with Figurementors not being references..I will occasionally scan thru the cover pages on my I book storage, and revisit a particular individual, but otw, they are quick reads, then gone..at least they are cheap..print magazines out of Europe cost me more than the cover price in shipping..
    Blind Pew and Babelfish like this.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm an occasional buyer of the Figurementors / IHA e-mag but I agree with Keith, there's no substitute for a proper mag or book printed on paper that you can physically hold in your hands and leaf through. And on that note: If anyone has a copy of Issue 54 of Figure International that they no longer want, drop me a PM as it's the only one that's missing from my collection.

- Steve
  11. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    figure Onternational can’t be had in Canada..drat..and cost in shipping is brutal..
  12. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    To put it quite simply......I don't care what I'm looking at when it comes to art and creativity that I enjoy. "But",.. I'd rather be relaxed and flipping through a magazine than goose neck looking at a computer screen. But to each his own.......
    grasshopper likes this.
  13. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Don’t knock it..we all learn in different ways..and beaded on how we originally learned..so what seems inconsistent really isn’t