1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro Miniature Expo (Euro Militaire)

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Tecumsea, Jun 6, 2017.

1. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mick my friend, I was packed on Monday.
    I just had to add fresh cake and
    wait for my lift. :)

Paul.
    mick3272 and napoleonpeart like this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Well we will be ready for your arrival Sir.
    Mick
    napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Mick

Bet there will be just crumbs left by the time they get to Folkestone !!!....munch munch

Safe travelling everyone

Nap
    peedee likes this.
  4. MalcC A Fixture

England
    All packed and ready, but I'd normally already be there. Feels odd not being there the whole weekend.
    Will certainly make the most of tomorrow.
    Hope the weather stays nice.

Malc
    peedee likes this.
  5. El Tché Well-Known Member

Just recieved the bill for inscription of 4 figures : 5£ per figure so total is 20 £ !!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::confused:
    Such a pain in the ass
    Will never compete in Euromilitaire in the future :bored:
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  7. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I thought it twas £10 a display?
    This is even worse than the Old Euro. Way too expensive!

Gino
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stop the bullshit.

IF the rules were read from months ago, and you are not dumb and put one item in four different categories, it costs £10 per display.
    One guy has 9 figures in a display for that price.
    only an idiot would not think ahead and plan their entries, ir cost more at the World Expo.
    rubbishing something without checking from afar is also not a help.
    mick3272, valiant, kilsh and 4 others like this.
  9. El Tché Well-Known Member

Peedee, no need to be agressive nor rude (maybe a lack of education on your side...)
    smudger1960 and gforceman like this.
  10. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    No lack of education here I am at the same show. My education allowed me to read all the rules.
    Uninformed critisiscm is dumb, and denegrates the efforts of people that provided you with a show that was totally dead.
    this is not Euromilitaire.
    This is a different show, run along the open system that painters asked for year after year.
    The organisers listened, they funded it, and set it up and
    you were rude about it.
    red tom, DEL, smudger1960 and 2 others like this.
  11. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I did see a few where people had entered pieces individually, obviously by the same artist, and wondered why they hadn't been grouped together.
    I can only assume they misunderstood the new system.

Malc
    DEL, garyhiggins and smudger1960 like this.
  12. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Strikes me that relativey few of us would have to pay more than £20 for 2 displays of unlimited amount of figures or vehicles, assuming we only enter two categories.
    Most would pay £10 ......... pretty good value to my mind.
    The other factor is that everybody likes a bargain so the more figures you submit the cheaper the unit cost and it fills the competition tables ...... everybodys happy (y)
  13. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

I know paul quite well,and I can assure you he's neither rude or insulting,however I do think questioning his education is out of line
    red tom and DEL like this.
  14. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Here we go again, a show that had become an institution is brought back from the dead by dedicated modellers who have put in an awful lot of time and effort and hair pulling out (see Adrian Hopwood)
    And what do we get ? "Oh I don't like this" and "this is too expensive". Even before the show is over!!!
    How about some gratitude that you have a show to carp about???

Regards, Gary.
    red tom, Babelfish, peedee and 2 others like this.
  15. Nicholas Ball Member

England
    Dear Theirry, I am sorry you feel this way when you say you will never enter the competition at Euro Miniature Expo again.

What you need to bear in mind here, is that there are 4 guys financing a show at their own expense and trying to at least recoup some of their hard earned cash to bring back a broken show to its very best. They didn't need to do this, but as the motto says, organised by modellers for modellers, and for this I myself am truly grateful to them.
    I spoke to Adrian in detail on various aspects last night and these guys knew that there were going to be a few teething problems that would need to sorted.

Fair enough, you thought the entry fee was high. Whether this be through mistake or not quite understanding the rules doesn't really matter, but if it is through misunderstanding, then yes, say so, let them know, but please do try to do it in a much nicer and friendlier manner so the organisers can see if it is possible in any way to correct it for next year.
    Personally I thought the show was a great success and back to what it should be,the atmosphere was, in itself so much better and everyone appeared to be enjoying themselves so much more.

I do hope apart from this ' issue' you still had a great time and will return next year. Nicholas
  16. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Read the full post gary,it seems two individuals had problems,I don't see any other complaints from anyone else.
    I've kept an eye on Facebook and planet and from what I've seen and read most people had a great show,aim your post at the individuals listed above who slated it,don't put us all in one basket
    peedee likes this.
  17. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    It's all right smudger, l was aiming my comment at the few. I am only sorry I wasn't able to get there :).
    smudger1960 and peedee like this.
  18. Briank Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I was there Saturday and had a great time, as said the " atmosphere was, in itself so much better" Sorry I had no time to look at much of the comp or for that mater the trade stands
    as every time I was stopped to talk to friends old and new, only got to the bar once!!
    But from myself and the members of the BFFS we say thanks for saving our show, next year will be even better you wait an see !!!
  19. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brian sorry I didn't speak to you the guys put on a great display
    smudger1960 and garyhiggins like this.
  20. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I've seen the pictures of the displays and the whole thing looks a hundred times better,modellers have been crying out for years for the open display at Euro and it always fell on deaf ears,I embrace the change,it's definately for the better and I can't wait to get back there next year to participate.
    Congratulations to all the organisers,it's only the first year but I get the feeling it's going to be a complete success .