1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro Miniature Expo (Euro Militaire)

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Tecumsea, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I have lifted this post from the Show Website in case any PF members are, like me, not prolific users of Face book. Please support the show and most importantly tell every modeller that you know that Euro is alive and well. A determined effort is being made behind the scenes to improve every aspect of the show, especially those areas highlighted following the 2016 event under the previous owners.

It will only survive with your support and in return you will note that ticket prices have been lowered to the bare minimum-look forward to seeing you there.

"Tickets are now available on the Euro Miniature Expo website ( https://eurominiatureexpo.com/tickets ) - there's a "tickets" tab on the opening page too. Prices are £7 for a one day ticket and £11 for two days, there is also a £1 postage and packing fee on top of that.
    Obviously our apologies about the extortionate fees when booking through the ATG agency - this wasn't discussed with us, and at no point were we told that it would happen.
    Thankfully now ATG can be bypassed and you can get tickets prior to the event.
    However, if you prefer, the tickets will still be available from the Leas Cliff Hall ticket office prior to the event - if you live in the area or are close enough to get to Folkestone at some point before the show. And of course tickets will be available from the Leas Cliff Hall box office over the course of the weekend of the show itself.
    Thank you from all of us ( Richard, Adrian, Steve and Thomas ) for your patience and understanding about all this".
    peedee, mil-mart, ellie and 4 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Keith

This is "THE " show to get to ths year ....well done to all involved it's a massive undertaking and all should support and get t it ...I certainly will be there

A real good ticket price as well for a great weekends drooling and meeting like minded people

Nap
    peedee and oakwood-studios like this.
  3. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi all,
    I will be visiting Euro for very first time & perhaps last (never say never ;-) - over 13000km is a long way :)

My dilemma - I will be visiting with my wife at end of a 5week family trip to UK, Ireland and Faroes.
    My wife is not into figures so will need to be independent over Fri-Sun while I indulge my interests.
    Where is best place to stay? Folkestone or Dover - what is travel between both of them like?
    What are recommended actitivites around the area for my 'better half' while I'm away?
    Appreciate any advice you can offer.
    -Mike
    peedee likes this.
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Mike.

I would recommend Folkestone as apart from the port Dover has nothing to offer. Suggest a day out in Canterbury would be enjoyable for your wife as it is a popular tourist destination. The Lees in Folkestone are a pleasant walk but the town hasn't much to offer.
    Hope that helps.
    Keith.
    Diegoff, peedee and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Mike.
    Yes you would be better of staying in Folkestone. There is not a lot in either location ( I live in Folkestone). There Is Dover Castle She may wish to visit.
    Yes Canterbury Would fill a day with the Cathedral and the shops. If she is mobile ie able to drive lots of small villages to look at Hythe, Rye etc or on the High Speed train from Folkestone 54mins into London. If I can help you with anything else PM me.
    Mick
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Only 4 weeks tomorrow and the new Euro opens it's doors.
    All the best wishes to Adrian, Steve, Richard and Thomas, here's hoping you have a successful, and stress free show.

Cheers Ken
  7. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    I arrived in safe to Liverpool yesterday as lead up to show :)
    Can't wait!
    -Mike
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mike

Blimey are you walking there ...LOL

Look forward to meeting you and all others ..I will be on the RP Models stand

Happy times ...under 1 month and getting excited

Nap
    peedee, Mike - The Kiwi and mick3272 like this.
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    see you there Mike.

Marc
  10. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hope to see you in Folkstone, Mike!

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I hope you won't mind me hijacking your post a little for this information Keith but....

Hi folks

When visiting model shows some modelmakers are in awe of the competition entries, and feel they couldn't compete.

Yet their figures are admired on forums like this, and at regional shows.....So they are wanted at Euro Miniatures Expo to be seen and enjoyed by a wider audience.

For all Planeteers visiting Folkestone next month, I am delighted to announce, (with the enthusiastic backing of our moderater Kev Nap Peart), the provision of a table display space for us to take advantage of as forum members.

Featuring our own display of figures and photos of our popular Model of the Month Entries, we can both publicise the forum and use the display as a meeting hub at the show for Planeteers who don't know each other.

So,......if you are competing, please put something extra in your model box and put it on display, If you are visiting for either a day or the weekend and not competing, please display a model or two.

All contributions are welcome and the stand will be manned by me.

Thanks must go to Jay Martin and Marc Megroot for volunteering figures already.

Please join in, and pop over for a chat on the day.

Thanks

Paul.
    napoleonpeart and mick3272 like this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice one Paul ...count me in

Nap
    peedee likes this.
  13. richard carrick Member

United-Kingdom
    not been for years but might do so this time!
    napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  14. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The social side of EME, making friendships that last is one of the main reasons for attending Richard.
    You are welcome, we would love to meet you and introduce you to others from the forum.
    Any models you can show will be just as welcome too, please do not be shy in bringing something with you, amd of course...
    ....we have cake !

Paul.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  15. richard carrick Member

United-Kingdom
    cheers Paul, cake is good!
    peedee likes this.
  16. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    See I just knew you would fit right In :D.

Paul.
  17. Predasteve Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I will be coming on the Saturday, So I will bring a couple of models with me if that's ok?
    napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  18. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely outstanding Steve.
    just come along tobthe right hand side of the balcony overlooking the hall, and pop your models down on the display.
    There will be name cards just to fill in and that's it.

Paul.
    Predasteve likes this.
  19. Predasteve Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thats great. See you there!
    peedee likes this.
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Richard and Steve ....look forward to seeing you and your Models for the PF table display , all displays will be safe as it will be manned .

If I am not there I will be on the RP models stand , next to the SK one.

Let's get PF noticed by supporting EME

Nap
    Predasteve and peedee like this.