1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro Militaire 2015

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by MalcC, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    In fact the name tag is so huge so you qualify as halfnaked when you take it off. :censored:

The trick with staying at Folkestone is to realize and accept that there are no good accomondations. On the other hand you only spend max three nights and the alcohol, old friends and the show exhibits take the inconvinience to an level that you dont notice it until you get back to civilization again. Perhaps the hotel at the harbor has good standard but part of the charm is being able to get back and forth to the hotel during the show for a short rest and to dump the loot. And walking that steep a few times can surely get the best out of you.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    elanlane13, napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Everyone here calls me peedee so I have a badge that say so,
    My real name is Pablovito Demapopolaiapopov.
    I use the first when it's cold and the big one in the summer.
    I'm taking both to Folkestone, it's chilly of an evening at the harbour chip shop :)

P
    Uruk-Hai likes this.
  3. Graham A Fixture

England
    Name it.com brings up a kids clothing store :(
  4. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Woops, we both made a mistake me owl chine, I gave you the wrong'un, and you put a space in :)

Try this link

http://www.nameitplates.co.uk/

Sorry grraham

P
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

If you mean by the Hotel near the Harbour The Grand Burstin That's being used to accommodate asylum seekers, so if you intend to stay there best take your passport as you may get deported half way through euro.:D:eek:
    Mick
    Huw63 likes this.
  6. mick3272 A Fixture

Have you changed your mind are you thinking of coming. BE good to meet.
    Mick
  7. Graham A Fixture

England
    No, sorry, I won't be able to attend :(. But you guys go and have fun, I will watch Eastender Omnibus editions until you all come back gloating........ don't worry about me, I will be OK..... Maybe........
  8. Graham A Fixture

England
    Cheers Paul, the iPad spell checker inserted the space, I forgot to check lol. Found it now :)
    peedee likes this.
  9. Huw63 A Fixture

I can't attend this year but flew in for last year's show. I booked a hotel on the internet thinking I had abreast deal. It was called the Grand Burstin - huge hotel, full of coach trips and now asylum seekers too. I would not go back.

Cheers

Huw
  10. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Commonly known by some of us as 'The Ziggurat of Ur', it was 'orrible back in the '80's, so it's anyone's guess what it has to delight now. There are some nice places to stay, not far from the Leas.

Alan
    Huw63 likes this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England

Look what arrived...I love my postman

Nap
    image.jpg
    smudger1960, peedee and Huw63 like this.
  12. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
  13. Huw63 A Fixture

At least you didn't say that I'd reduced the standard of the place!!!
    peedee and OldTaff like this.
  14. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice to see a happy snappy nap...

No I'm not finishing that one !

Well done mate

Paul
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  15. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England

:D Nah, Huw, remember I ride Harleys, too.
    Huw63 likes this.
  16. MalcC A Fixture

England
    for hotels I can recommend the Clifton or the Southcliff, just a stones throw to the hall.:)

Malc
    peedee likes this.
  17. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

True malc true, I found the rooms a bit chilly though

001.jpg
    broken-windows-of-old-building-white-frames-D6N2J5.jpg

:D
    P
  18. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'll be there, I'm ashamed to say that Euro will be my first show of the year :eek:. But I have been busy and will be releasing the following:
    • TW54S02 - details to be announced
    I'm very excited about the second set of figures in the 'specials' range. I can confirm that this set will be 6 figures with an accompanying scenic base. The figures are sculpted (Nino Pizzichemi) and we have completed casting, so I fully expect this to be available in time for Euro Militaire in September 2015.
    • TW10B04 - Private, 10th Batallion King's (Liverpool Regiment) Liverpool Scottish, The Somme 1916
    Already the fourth in the popular bust range sculpted by Antonio Mesegeur, this next figure is currently in production and is also expected to be ready by September 2015.
    • TW54A02 - Nurse, Voluntary Aid Detachment, France 1916
    A welcome new addition to the Tommy's War team is French sculptor Benoit Cauchies. The first figure from Benoit is sure to be a popular choice judging from the requests I get from customers. I also hope to have this ready for September 2015.
    • TW54029 - Private, Machine Gun Corps, Belgium 1917
    • TW54030 - Sergeant, Motor Machine Gun Corps, Belgium 1917
    Two very exciting figures, both from Nino Pizzichemi, show a further evolution of the British army. The MGC Private is shown holding a Lewis gun, while the MMGC Sergeant is a very interesting figure, and the perfect accompaniment to TW54E11 (see below).
    • TW54E11 - Clyno Vickers Motorcycle combination
    A very distinctive vehicle from the period. This is being developed by the team that brought us the artillery, Thornycroft and Crossley vehicles and we'll be using all the experience gained over 3 years of producing resin kits to make this the best we have released so far. The kit will be a multimedia kit in resin and photo-etch, and sure to be a popular!

It's a nervy time for me as I've invested a huge amount in to new products. However, I'm quietly confident that these will be well received, I personally think the 8 figures from Nino are amongst the best released so far, but I'll let customers decide.

However, I've had all the images through for the Clyno Vickers this morning and that's eased my concerns, its truly stunning and we've taken all the lessons from the first 10 vehicle and artillery kits and produced something really special.

It might not even end there as I've got figure 5 in the 1/10 bust series sculpted, it might be too late for Euro but will follow soon after. I've got 2 new Victoria's Heroes figures sculpted and on their way to me next week, one more figure for Tommy's War by a new sculptor (TBA) and 3 new scenic bases.

Exclusive news here is that there will also be a new range of figures for me (70mm's), I don't know when I will announce those, but you'll see details on this site first.

So, details will be posted when all the new releases are ready for launch, but you'll be able to see them at Euro Militaire first!
    elanlane13, Huw63, MalcC and 3 others like this.
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Darren,

TW does it again , great choices like the sound of the VAD for my wife!!

Really really looking forward to the bust releases ..of course

Looking forward to seeing you at Euro

Nap
  20. MalcC A Fixture

England