1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro Militaire 2015

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by MalcC, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Did a stock take of the grey army yesterday. 63 figures & busts then a load of ships,resin vehicles & plastic kits.

My wife asked the question "do you need any more figures"?

OF COURSE I DO!!!!
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :D
    Good that.

I bought a new posh travel bag n backpack yesterday,
    a colleague said is the back pack for your purchases.
    I said no that's for undies and a toothbrush,
    This one is for.......
    P
    napoleonpeart and Bootneck like this.
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

4. Nap Moderator

England
    Peter,

They just don't understand do they ...can't count mine ...not got enough time before I leave to that great modelling table in the sky!

See you all there

Safe journey

Nap
    Bootneck and peedee like this.
  5. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Some do Kev,
    A colleague of mine from the Bolton club took his mrs to 3 doll's house shows, she's hooked and they often do projects together now !
    Cunning devil eh?
    See you there
    Paul.
  6. Bootneck Well-Known Member

That's the enemy "time" have an HMS Victory that I'm keen to start sat on my Modeling table. One chap on another site is half way into his with 3 1/2 years behind him. Never get through all the stash.

Think I'll have to buy some kits at Euro to cheer myself up. Lol.
  7. mick3272 A Fixture

Im just an amature only have 24 in the stash and working on three. My plan at the moment is to get four at Euro, and thats only what I know will be there at the moment so could be a few more.

Mick
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Only 24 in the stash......an ARMATURE.......
    Mick is that a wind up? :)
    P
  9. mick3272 A Fixture

No wind up. Its TRUE .Most are my Army of the East, which I will take away with me for the winter to crack on with. and the rest are odds and sods which will get done after.
    Mick
    peedee likes this.
  10. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Only have two on order from Steve Kirtley but I know it won't stop their.

It's that magic combination of seeing exquisitely painted figures in the comp room,parting with lots of beer tokens & friendly chatter to like minded people that leads you to say "Sod it,I'm having it"
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Go on my son.....".Have it"
    I just ordered two items from Historex agents for collection on the saturday.
    10%discount if any of you do the same before the 17th, have a look on their site.
    Paul
    Bootneck likes this.
  12. mick3272 A Fixture

13. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    63ea seems dangerously low Grey Army. Merely two platoons. I recomend that you order some more right away so you can last at least until Euro.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    Bootneck, napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  14. Nap Moderator

England

Thanks Mick...never going to get Lord Lovat done !!!!....

Safe journey and see you and everyone there

Nap
    mick3272 likes this.
  15. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Nice one Janne.
    Please come and plead my case to my wife,she just doesn't understand the need for a resin fix.

The sheer pleasure of opening the box for the first time,test fitting the parts,carefully wrapping in back up in bubble wrap and sponge then placing it back in the box for years to allow it to mature like a fine wine.

And theirs me spoiling her by giving her a nice quite weekend,next weekend.

See you guys in a weeks time.
    Safe journey.
    Peter.
    mick3272 and napoleonpeart like this.
  16. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Hi Nap

Sorry to break you off from Lord Lovat,you've given yourself a huge task their to Finnish him before Euro. Are you taking sleep breaks or working through?

Safe journey.

Peter.
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Peter,

If they mature like fine wine it's going to be one hell of ah party when they all open up !!!!....

Reckon I have at least a couple of Moët plonk

Ye hah

See everyone ..my tummy is going round ....I love the smell of resin in the morning

Nap

PS Lovat ..more chance of me being called ugly mate ...!!!!!.....too much to do now need at least 2 weeks !!....and I don't want to rush him so will take my time and enjoy
    Bootneck likes this.
  18. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Just think of the hangover!!!
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  19. mick3272 A Fixture

Peter you have to let her know who the boss is. Explain your need to purchase these fine figures, normally at a cheaper rate at Euro. Thereby saving money always a good point. Then politely listen to what she might have to say on the subject. Then show her who is the boss by having the last word. 'Yes Dear.

Works every time.
    Mick
    Bootneck, peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  20. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Any pictures? :sneaky:

Otherwise I live by the golden rule, better plead for forgiveness than beg to be allowed.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson