1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro Militaire 2013

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Tommys War, May 14, 2013.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You lost your feckin memory !!
    You upsets him babe
  2. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I have made a decision to stay up on the balcony. To be honest its six of one and half a dozen of the other with where I go.

The balcony does offer more room and much better light. The downside is, as has been mentioned, is that some people don't venture up there. However, I've been in that position for 2 years now and done well, so for consistency its where my customers know where I am.

Another pointer is that this year I thinkI have even more reasons to make the trip up the stairs:

1. The 2 figure releases are (in my humble opinion) very strong
    2. I am also releasing a very special item (2 years and over £10,000 in development) which includes 4 figures and is really worth seeing
    3. My display cabinet will feature about 18 of the figures in the series, from renowned painters, a nice bit of eye candy
    4. I will be raffling a painted figure from Iguazzu, which would be a marvelous addition to any cabinet
    5. My latest copy of News from the Front newsletter will be available, plus modellers can pick up previous issues.

With such a lot to see, its better that there is more space to get a good view and better lighting means that you won't need your night vision goggles!

So, lots to see and discuss. Euro will be a very special show for me as I've really worked hard on the releases. If that doesn't get people up the stairs then I give up!

So, thanks again for your thoughts, I have taken time to consider the position, but in 2 previous years I've taken more than I had expected in that position and if it ain't broke then don't fix it!
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I don't think you'll have much to worry about my friend,as you said youv'e done well up there the last 2 years,IMO you're range of figures have become so popular with miniaturists that people will actually be looking for your stuff now so there's no chance you'll get missed or passed by,good luck at the show :)

Brian
  4. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Darren,

Option for Euro are always there and ever year like you I have to decide whether to move location or not. But as people know where you are and you have plenty of room to talk with good light up there the balcony does offer you a good spot. And don't forget it is hard to miss your banner when it is hung from the balustrade.

I wish you luck with your releases.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Glad you made the right decission Darren.
    After I finished last evening the Douglas, the rider and the captain and I put them up on Ron's base I have to buy something WW 1 related.
    So I can hardly wait to get upstairs and going around all the goodies you have for sale

marc
  6. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Good choice Daren, you don't want to be roughing it on the trading floor! :blackeye:

Can't wait to see your new releases!
  7. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Well done Darren you've generated something that's been missing from Euro for quite a few years...............anticipation.
    Since the burgeoning of interest group web sites and those from suppliers and producers we all too often know what to expect.
    I well remember rushing to Beneito's stand as my first port of call to see what goodies were on offer....... now I tend to go with a shopping list.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your new stuff and the display stand should look great.
    Cheers
    Derek
  8. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Darren despite my comments at the beginning of this post, I agree you have made the right choice and will create an excellent exposition on your stand that will do very well. You can look down on me being hot and sweaty on my stand in the main hall and go into smug mode!
  9. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Hi Darren

With your range of figures, folk will hunt you down whatevever position you opt for.
    If your on the balcolny I hope Carl won't mind carrying me up and down. Several times. :D
  10. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Ive met Carl. He dont mind at all. In fact he insists on doing it. :angelic:

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    MalcC likes this.
  11. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    What's the bold Don been up to Ron.He managed to strain my friendship with Matt from El Greco which happily has been sorted.Much ado about nothing really.I hope Don is well enough to go as I like to see a good fight!!!! LOL
    Brian
  12. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to Euro, and I'm booked up in my usual spot on the balcony.

Couple of updates:

1. I'm afraid that the VC release won't be ready for Euro. Long story, but it's very, very close but just not quite ready to get packaging, instructions books and the rest together in time. However, figures TW54017 and TW54018 (2 Royal Flying Corps pilots) are ready, I have the box art and they look fantastic.

The VC release will now be available end of October, and be available at Scale Model World in Telford in November.

2. However, its not all bad news and I'm delighted to say that I will have 8 of the original box art figures in the display case.

Earlier this month Gunther Sternberg and his wife and children came over to the UK and we spent a very enjoyable couple of days with them in London and Stratford-Upon-Avon. We had a fantastic time and Gunther very, very kindly brought over 8 of his box art figures. This is very exciting for me, as it is the first time I have seen them (apart from photographs) and they really are wonderful.

So, my apologies for anyone hoping to see the VC release, and sorry for the big build up for something that never happened. I understand it's frustrating, but it is important to me that when I release this that I'm 100% happy with how it is supplied.

It will be worth the wait though!
    housecarl likes this.
  13. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Darren
    Hope you don't think me selfish but that's my Xmas present sorted. My wife is chuffed she hasn't got to keep asking me for the next 5 months what do I want for Christmas. Looking forward to seeing the box art at Euro - a pre Xmas treat.
    Tommys War likes this.
  14. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm hoping lots of my customers will put this on their Christmas present list!

With a bit of luck we'll have the box art image for Euro, but I might bring along with me an unpainted version of the set (built and perhaps primed) to wet some appetites.

However, I do like to keep releases a fairly closely guarded secret until I'm ready and able to ship, so I might just keep everyone waiting just a little bit longer!
  15. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    Can you let on as to how many figures are in the VC set?
    Tommys War likes this.
  16. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    At the risk of giving the game away. Four, all sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi. I had 2 sculpted in 2012 and 2 this year (it gives you an idea of how long this has taken to put together!). In my humble opinion (and not just saying this) his best figures yet.
    Kreston likes this.
  17. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    ?? In a VC you are usualy alone !!!:angelic:
  18. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    ah, I said there were 4 figures, I didn't say they all won the VC.

It could be 4 VC winners or it could be 1 VC winners with 3 other men. I'm not revealing more than that yet!
  19. MalcC A Fixture

England
    VC or not VC that is the question?;)

Look forward to seeing you at Euro.
  20. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    The VC were closed from inside