1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro hotels

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DaddyO, Jan 7, 2019.

1. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Afternoon all - looking to come to Euro this year on the 11/12 of May (in Folkestone) and wondered where people were staying or if there are any places that are recommended. Probably stay on the Friday and Saturday evening rather than drive up early on the Saturday . . . but open to persuasion
    Cheers
    Paul
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Paul.
    Most stay in the southcliff hotel. see attached link for hotels in Folkestone., You can also look at Dover, depends how much you want to spend.
    http://hotelsfolkestone.com/

Mick
    DaddyO likes this.
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    The southcliff is a cheap dump, so if you are not fussy it's fine. It is also the haunt of the majority of the modelling fraternity so if you like to get ****** and fall into bed it's ideal. A good few stay in the Clifton where the facilities are a little more sophisticated, then drink in the southcliff, like most things in life you get what you pay for. Personally l would rather sleep in my car than than a bed in the .southcliff. Lol
    Helm and DaddyO like this.
  4. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    You could try the " 10 to 12 " just round the corner from the venue. Terrific breakfast, recommended, though it's not cheap......but damn comfortable.
    10to12folkestone.co.uk, speak to Mark or Leigh, lovely folk.

Alan
    Huw63, Tecumsea and DaddyO like this.
  5. Cannonball A Fixture

There’s View Hotel which is about 200 yds from the venue. Stayed there last year on my first visit to Euro and have booked again for this year. There seemed to be a few other visitors/contributors to the show staying as well so may be worth a look. Clean, tidy and good breakfast.
    DaddyO likes this.
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    The view is a revamp of an old established hotel and I have heard good reviews from those who stayed there last year.

Keith
  7. Ronaldo A Fixture

Well I suppose you have never tried the Hotel Rhodesia Keith :eek: makes the southcliff look like five star luxury
    DEL likes this.
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Funnily enough I have just had a crack with Del about that one-couldn't remember the name of it----en-suite wash hand basins....LOL ..Amazing that it featured in the Saga Advert a while ago.
    DEL likes this.
  9. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    You're both missing the whole point of the Rhodesia it was a 'thematic' immersive experience :ROFLMAO:...... experience the life and diet of a 1940s Spiv.
    Anne the owner was a lovely lady and sadly the fabric and fittings of the hotel deteriorated faster than there was money available to upgrade.
    It was SAGAs first hotel and I think might have been their HQ for a while.
    DaddyO likes this.
  10. Ronaldo A Fixture

Great state of the art showers ,as Dave Mitchell can testify :LOL:
  11. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Bit like they are trying to do with our highstreets Del-although P****** in shop door ways probably won't be allowed......LOL
    DEL likes this.
  12. Ronaldo A Fixture

Talking of the High street demise .
    My dad had a shop on London road at the Gallowgate end , I was dragged in there every Saturday to do the till and had to sweep the pavement outside and keep it clean , a lesson all the fast junk foods could do with .
    Did the Rhodesia not have something to do with the plimsol line
  13. DEL A Fixture

Scotland

Yep Samuel Plimsoll stayed here for the last 7 years of his life.
  14. Huw63 A Fixture

I couldn’t agree more.

One to avoid is the Grand Burstin - looks cheap but what a complete dump.

Cheers

Huw
    DaddyO likes this.