1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Euro 2006 Gallery

Discussion in 'Miniature Clubs' started by Roy, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello guys...I haven't posted in a while, but I thought you might like to check out these pictures of some of the models from Euro...they were taken by myself and Dave maddox..there are over 130 to look at on my website, and you can find the gallery easily by clicking on the Euro button right there on the front page.
    I hope you enjoy them and get a little taste of the quality that was present in the competition...

Euro-Militaire 2006 Gallery

I really must take this opportunity to say how great it was to meet all my old friends again and make some new ones too...what a fantastic show..with some fantastic people..!!

Thanks for looking...and all the best...Roy.
  2. Hardy Guest

Thanks Roy and Dave, great gallery. Hardy
  3. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    nice pictures, thanks for posting
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome photos Roy and Dave.......many thanks for taking the time to take them and share with us unable to attend.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Stunning pictures, thanks for posting. If I didn't enjoy myself painting what I do and I was the competitive sort I would give up after viewing those :eek: .

Roger.
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Really nice work. Thanks for posting. I have to say the banners/standards are light years ahead of me and I don't think I could even come close if I were to try for 100 year!! :( :lol:

Joe
  7. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Roy.
    For those not there the standard was breathtaking and anybody that came away with any kind of an award fully deserved it.

The Best of Show was truely amazing. No pictures will do it justice.
  8. itifonhom New Member

Germany
    Nice pics indeed, thanks for posting....... although the quality and quantity of work on the bannesr is amazing I have to say I don´t really like them. I find this kind of painting, actually the "russian school", kind of over reacted and surely on most cases out of any historicity at all. But I have to admit also that this kind of work is out of my reach, therefor respect. Thank God they´re just professionals trying to proote their company and not really modelers.......

Anastasios.
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks Roy for giving us a taste of Euro Militaire 2006. :)

The man who wasnt there...

Cheers
  10. arthur Member

Canada
    Roy and Dave
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    So much talent there to admire....Now I am really sad I could not make it this year :(
    Maybe 2007 :)
  11. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot for the photos Roy. So, who and what figure got the BOS? ANy photos?

Xenofon
  12. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Sorry Xenofon...in my enthusiasm I forgot to mention it.... :eek:

The best of show was the Panzer IV with the group of figures posed on it....by Phil Stuchinkas....Hope I spelt that correctly.

You'll find it's the last few pictures on page 9 of the gallery.

Roy.
  13. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    God grief Roy - you were quick - I only good home an hour ago !!!!
  14. stev1eran Member

Roy,
    thanks for the photos from Dave and yourself, another great show and again some great work with the medal winners taking it to another level.
    It was great to meet fellow planeteers as well as spending lots of cash :)
    Hope that all our overseas visitors had/have a safe journey back.

Steve
  15. Hardy Guest

Hey Roy, you going to tell eveyone about your 3 in a bed experience at Euro mate????? Hehe

Hardy
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roy, thanks for posting pics of the show.~Gary
  17. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    OMG..!!..I am so lucky my better half isn't reading this over my shoulder... :eek:

Hardy, I must admit...the unwelcome guests in my bed (and under it) on the fouth floor (and under that too..!!) of a 'Very Reputable' hotel in Folkestone almost spoilt my weekend...

But the great atmosphere of the show early on the Sunday morning, when the guys started to enter the competition room and realised the medals they had achieved, helped that episode scuttle away to a dark corner... :lol:

Hope this gives you a chuckle mate....Roy. ;)
  18. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Great pics Roy
    Really good to see that high standard of work

(From the bloke who left his camera at home ;))

Frank
  19. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    It was great to meet you Roy, and sorry about your little bug venture, I had to laugh when you told me about it :)

I agree though, the hotels leaves a little to be desired, luckily for us, we didnt spend much time in them except in the bars :)

Great pics!
  20. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    beautiful set of pictures Roy and Dave . Bravo !!