1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Ernst August II King of Hanover 1849

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by blabsy, Sep 12, 2011.

1. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi All
    I started this when it was first on the market,I fell for Daniello's box art,his top notch painting is great point to aim for many of us don't even get close.
    I managed the face as you can see,then lost it with the rest and became disapointed with my effort,and it ended up in my unfinished stock pile.
    My Euro project (mounted kit) went belly up,so with time to paint somthing Ernst got a 3rd chance,so here's the full deal with it finished.
    As always thanks' for looking! may see some of you at Euro?
    Best Regards
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Re: Ernst August II of Hanover 1849

last few pic's.
    Once again thanks' for looking.
    Best Regards
    Paul

Attached Files:

3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Very nice face.

Colin
  4. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    skin tones are absolutely superb - matches the oil painting well, all the embroidery has solid feel to it
    Also great attention to historical detail - strabismus of L eye, all other busts I have seen are painted with normal eyes.

Very well done
  5. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work, you have read the story of his left eye was damaged in battle,good work
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    The progression from base coat to final skin tone is a masterpiece of SBS painting Paul.(y)
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Paul.

marc
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Paul, Looking forward to seeing this at the weekend, really like the natural colours you have used on the face-great to see that you have resisted the trend towards exaggerated shade and light.

Keith
  9. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul, absolutely superb skin tones and gorgeous muted colours overall. I think you are closer than you realise in your aim to reach the masters.

Regards

Ron
  10. gele Member

China
    Like painting the same color.
  11. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
  12. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks' all of you for your kind comments,I'm greatfull you've taken the time to post.
    Painting the face;
    When I was a kid I spent a fair amount of time with elderly family,interesting people ,faces you do'nt forget although they are sadly gone now, so now days I get a bust with an older face,I look to find a way to add a pice of them in the model,I like the real feel,as you said Keith,It is easy to get sucked in to trends of over painting, each to their own, I think, but its nice to have your own style, but in this hobby of ours there is no wrong or right way,my problem is I need to get involved with what I'm painting or it'll go very wrong for me,paint for painting's sake if you know what I mean another kit for the cabinet....
    I'm fairly happy how this has turned out,its nice to know that you all think its near the mark
    Ron.
    your very kind and thanks'.
    Once again thanks' for looking
    Best Regards
    Paul
  13. meizi Active Member

China
    Hi Paul, it looks very nice.
  14. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Nice work, Paul. I like your painting job on the face especially. (y)
  15. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi and thanks' for your kindness Meizi and Matt.
    Glad you like it Matt!
    from your hands and knife,
    And I enjoyed giving it life.
    Best Regards
    Paul
  16. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The subtle work on the sash looks very well done to me Paul, as for the face superb work. Thanks for going to the trouble to post the in progress shots too. Looking forwards to see you at the weekend.
    Carl.:)
  17. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Look forward to seeing this the weekend Paul. The transitions between the shading of the flesh tones is fantastic, great all round painting.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  18. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    outstanding work, paul!
  19. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Carl,Tommi and Bill, many thanks' for your kindness.....

Carl,Tommi I'm staying in the Southcliff at the weekend so we'll have to make time to drain a glass or two and have a yarn (English for long talk).
    Like many looking forward to it.
    Best Regards
    Paul