1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Erich Ludendorff - UP Miniaturen bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Filipe, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Friends from pF

After a period of shyness, i post my first figure here. :)

Is the bust of general Ludendorff, scale 1/10, sculpted by my friend and boss Ulrich Puchala, and made by his company, UP Miniaturen.

[IMG]

The bust is in resin, very easy to work with and the sculpture is clearly resembling the original character.

All the painting was using acrylics.

I would like to give credit to one of the better modellers of Brazil, Carlos Chagas (which is also a illustrator for a lot of companies, like Dragon Models (y) ), who taught me how to recreate the goggles lens using clear acetate.

To the pictures...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Details of goggles and cap

[IMG]

General vision of the figure.

[IMG]

Critics, comments and suggestions are welcome.

All the best to everyone

Filipe from Brazil

:)

Ps: sorry for any english grammar mistake.
    Centaur, Mike S. and housecarl like this.
  2. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice bust. Ron Hinote did a dandy version of General Ludendorff in a pickelhaube years ago. I think that would be a good option to offer with this one. It has more pizzazz than the schirmmütze
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    In photos, Ludendorff is always looking at the viewer like he thinks he/she just farted. Very creepy.

Your bust is very nice. My only comments would be to decrease the brightness of his blue eyes as in this scale they are too vivid....or perhaps the pupils need to be a bit bigger. You could perhaps add a bit more texture to his hair as well but only if you are comfortable with doing so.

Colin
  4. Centaur Member

Germany
    You could perhaps add a bit more texture to his hair as well but only if you are cmfortable with doing so.
    correct Colin ....
    his hair are white grey in this time with tunic 1916. In this period driving with google on front , so it is "schirmmütze"order!:))
  5. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Mike

Thank you for the praise. I would like to see that version of Ludendorff, the pickelhaube is a iconic piece. :)

Colin

Indeed, Ludendorff had a humorless and tactless personality. Or, people farted a lot around him. :D

I thank you for the comment about the eyes, but i will not take the chance to make some mess by changing it now. About the hair, yes, it is a difficult thing to do at first, and i gave it a try, see the photos below...(y)

Uli

Thank you for posting here, my friend. I followed your, and Colin´s, advice and changed the hair and the moustache.

Sorry for the pics, they are improvised, came out very bad.

[IMG]

Critics, comments and suggestions are welcome.

All the best to everyone

Filipe from Brazil

Centaur likes this.
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Cool essa pintura Felipe, ficou muito melhor com a cor grisalha do cabelo.;)

Abraço,
    Pedro.
  7. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'm sorry Filipe,
    For some reason I thought that this was a new sculpt that you were releasing as a kit. That is why I suggested offering it with a Pickelhaube. I realize now that you painted this example, and were simply looking for critiques.

Nice job.

Cheers.
  8. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I like it!

Colin
  9. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Pedro

Fico feliz que gostaste. Postei lá no PanzerModel tambem. :)

Mike

No need to apologise. And, as you said, feel free to make your critics. (y)

Ulrich have some interesting busts with pickelhaube, like Feldmarschall Leopold of Bavaria and Prinz Oskar of Prussia.

Colin

I am glad that you liked, and i am grateful for your comments. :)

Friends

Final pictures, after one more repaint of the gray hair, thanks to Ulrich and the great Carlos Chagas. (y)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome.

Filipe from Brazil

Centaur likes this.
  10. Centaur Member

Germany
    Thanks Filipe, looks like him ;-))
  11. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Some very nice details Filipe.
    Carl.(y)
  12. lupanzer Active Member

Brazil
    Dear Felipe.

Very nice painting job.I like it a lot!....Ficou dez , cara.....parabéns...acompanhei também no PMF...gostei!

A strong huge...Forte abraço!

Luiz.
  13. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Uli, thank you for the new compliment :)

Carl, thank you too. :)

Luiz, thank you. Posta lá no PMF. (y)

Best regards to all

Filipe from Brazil