1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Engraved brass plaques.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by paulyrichard, Mar 22, 2007.

1. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm lookin' for a company that can engrave a custom sized, small brass plate. I've enquired around town where I live, but they all seem to have the rubbish, brass lookin' plastic alternative, and they're all set sizes. I need someone's help, and a few pointers on these sort of things.

Cheers guys!
  2. rljs_2006 New Member

United-States
  3. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mai. Are you from Thailand?
  4. Jon Metters Member

You may have tried this already - but I find trophy shops to be quite usefull for bases and etching plates. There is also a franchise in the US called "Things Remembered" that can do this type of thing. (They are located in shopping malls - etc.)

If you really get stuck - I have a laser marking machine (my profession), and if you supply the plates and the shipping costs I can try to mark them for you at no cost.

You might also look for a laser marking job shop somewhere in the UK.

Best of luck,

Jon Metters
    USA
  5. merty Member

Belgium
  6. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys!

Jon, its good to know you do this sort of thing. I'll definately keep you in mind. Thanks.
  7. stev1eran Member

Paul,
    I dont know if you are familiar with a company called Name It run by Paul & Julie Newman. They are at most regional shows and attend Euro. They do all sizes of plaques in metal or plastic, all different fonts etc.
    they do have a website but if you E Mail them on NameIt@fsmail.net they will send you a brochure.
  8. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Stev. Merty posted the link for it. I've now got the heads up on this site. They look like they've got what I need. Cheers!
  9. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I give Name It my vote too. Very quick, excellent range and affordable too. You can't do much better than giving them a go.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    For me, Nameit is the place to be.
    They have extremely nameplate's, and service is great.

marc