1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

English flag bearer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mikec55, Dec 23, 2008.

1. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    I recently finished this one, done in acrylics. It's an oldie but a goodie but was a real bear to assemble. Both hands were attached to the flag rather than the arms. I thought the arms were centered during the gluing process but you can see where his right hand looks a little funny. Dry fitting went a lot smoother. Any comments & criticisms greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is one of my fave periods and a figure I hope to get around to, so thanks for posting and for the tips on the assembly
  3. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have always liked this figure that is so at odds with the linear tactics and common impression of how the fighting took place at that time. I like the treatment of the red coat. Thanks for sharing.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I like it too.... very nice indeed. An interesting figure very well painted.

Merry Christmas,
    Roger
  5. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    great action ! rarely seen these days
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That's a great figure. Never seen it before.
    Painting is extremely well done.

Marc
  7. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    nice action pose, well painted ,who's the manufacturer?
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    iirc it's 54mm Soldiers SGF, available in the UK from Historex Agents.

Roger
  9. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate the kind words. The photos don't really show a lot of the shadows & hi-lites because I'm still learning how to use my camera, as well as my brushes.

This one's been in my gray army for quite a while. I think I bought it, possibly on ebay, back around 2002 or 3 because the pose caught my eye. Even then, I think it was already maybe 2 or 3 years old. It's a 54mm from Soldiers, #SP-2B. I just looked around on some of the retail websites but didn't find it anywhere. I'm sure there are a few sites I missed but looks like ebay might be your best bet.

Thanks again. Mike
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mike,
    Nice looking and different.
    Cheers
    John