1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

English Civil War

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by johnbrewer, Oct 18, 2004.

1. johnbrewer New Member

I know I am a bad bad boy, I should bever try and do two things at the same time. However I was tempted by this one and just had to have it. A really great piece of work by Matt Springer. When I got the bust it had been really well cast by UEM. a small amount of clean up to do, nothing major at all.

I did slightly hollow out the crown of the hat so that the head was in it and the hat was not just resting on the head, does that make sense?. This did envolve a small resculpt of the hair by me. Looks like it will be good fun. I feel that the eyes will make of break this one

Attached Files:

2. johnbrewer New Member

the hat as well!

Attached Files:

3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Sounds good so far John.......I too, like this bust and will follow your steps to see how it turns out.
  4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Another fine UEM bust. Wish I had more time :( *sigh*

Looks great, John. Keep 'em coming...

Keith
  5. amherbert Member

just give up work, family etc.

Andy
  6. JohnLea New Member

Well said, Andy. I like a clear thinker.
  7. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Who is the manufacturer of this bust ?
    Regards
    Julian Conde
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Made by UEM = United Empire Miniatures
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John I recently picked up one of your company's busts and now I 'm hooked. No my first bust, but one of the nicest I've seen and easy to work with. The ECW bust is on the list. ;)
  10. amherbert Member

I would follow my advice except I'm counting on my wife to buy that loverly Bavarian officer for me. So that means I can't spend all my time online or at the worktable. And then I have to pay for her presents, so I have to work...

Perhaps I'll invest heavily in the lottery. ;)
  11. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Well, I have finished exactly 3 (started 6) figures since November '03. So, even abandoning my family and career may not be THAT much of a help ;)

Keith
  12. johnbrewer New Member

I have started doing the eyes first on this one. Usually this is the last job I do, however I do feel that the eyes make or break this one.

Attached Files:

13. johnbrewer New Member

the flesh tones are only a undercoat. The upward glance of the eyes were inspired by the painting on the box art by Matt. they were perefected by looking in the mirror after seeing my first attempt at painting the Latorre Viking head.
  14. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

It is looking nice. I agree the eyes are so important. I look forward to seeing more of this one.

Joe
  15. johnbrewer New Member

work started on the eyes. after getting blown away by Marions work, I have tried to graduate the colour across the eye. Hopefully it works

Attached Files:

16. johnbrewer New Member

Most of the work on the eyes done. I am now starting to play around with the skin tones in that area
  17. johnbrewer New Member

oops the picture

Attached Files:

18. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

He is coming along really nice.

Joe
  19. johnbrewer New Member

thakns for the kind words Joe, hopefully i will get to have a good go at this one this weekend.

Attached Files:

20. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    So far so good John, keep it up my friend. Are you using oils for your flesh tones? If yes what's your mix?? Thanks.