1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review English Civil War Royalist, Pete Morton

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    English Civil War Royalist Cavalier, Sculpted by Pete Morton.

ecw1.jpg

All the kit parts are supplied in a sturdy box folded between layers of bubble wrap.

ecw2.jpg

The kit is 75mm in scale and comes as eight buff coloured resin parts. Each part has small casting blocks that can be easily removed and sanded. A close inspection of the parts shows and excellent level of detail and good quality casting.

ecw3.jpg

Three views of the head shows the precision of detail that Pete has sculpted into this piece, also again we can see the quality of the casting process. The mould plug can be removed very easily.

ecw4.jpg

Front and rear views of the one piece casting of the body, small plugs to be removed at the feet and a very minimal mould line between the legs, very clean casting.

ecw5.jpg

Test fitting of the head shows off the pose of the figure, very nice fit.

ecw6.jpg

The arms and right hand holding the pistol will need to have the blocks removed to locate into the torso and wrist recesses.

ecw7.jpg

A close up of the sword and scabbard show some careful work is needed to remove it from the casting spru.

ecw8.jpg

A close up of the right arm and hand and pistol detail.

ecw9.jpg

The supplied base is in two pieces, the base and a mile stone which is the location of the left foot.

ecw10.jpg

Conclusion:
    A very nice offering from Maurice Corry Miniatures. Nice sculpting from Pete Morton, good level of detail and very clean casting. The figure has a nice pose and easy to assemble. Clean up and removal of resin blocks is minimal. Highly recommended for anyone interested in this era of history.

Availability:
    MAURICE CORRY MINIATURES www.120mini.com

Cheers
    Tommi
    Centaur, AntiJihadistCrusader and crf like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great revieuw Tommi,
    Thanks, seems a pretty crispy cast. I find (but that's my opinion ) the mouldblox large. And as i have always problems with removing mouldblox without damaging the figure this is gonna pass my door.
    But still find it a attractive figure.
  3. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great review Tommi,

Will be askin moz for one of these, looks a kewl kit and Pete's sculptin is superb

Stu
  4. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not my era or area of interest but it looks like a lovely sculpt :)

Mark
  5. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Tommi for a frank review, and thank you to Marc, Stu and Mark.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the review Tommi, a beautiful piece it is (y)
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tommi, a great review and some excellent sculpting and casting.

Cheers Ken
  8. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Frankly,it pisses me off to see a new figure released before I have received the last one......nice to have the time to work on new products yet not seem to ship ones already being hawked.
  9. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve
    Your figure should be with you by now as it was posted on March 3rd-I have the receipt here in front of me!
    I've pm'd you also and I will scan your receipt in and send it to you via your email.
    It's obviously got caught up in the postal system somewhere and if you haven't received it by Monday I'll organize a replacement for you.
    Best wishes
    Pete
  10. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Obviously the Postal system,3rd time the postal system has given us problems with my orders.

Best wishes
    Steve