1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

English Civil War 65mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by DaddyO, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Superb, absolutely superb. Nice painting in the Blank style. I will have to look out his book.
    Well done Paul, another virtual pat on the back.
    Regards and stay safe.
    Nap and DaddyO like this.
  2. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Ditto. Very nice indeed Paul. You have done an excellent job with it.
    Stay safe
    Regards
    Chris
    DaddyO likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Paul

Nice TA-DA moment there a impressive result

Really like the way you paint on any figure but the clothing is great , love your shadows and the flesh work

Thanks for sharing and supporting FOTM ...don't forget to vote in previous month as well

Happy bench-time

Stay safe

Nap
    DaddyO likes this.
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks fella's - great fun to paint and to try something a bit different with the painting style. Definitely worth trying as an exercise and I'll try another couple of Mike's figures later, but next up is another mounted one which at present is a box with a rider and few bits and bobs like reins so I'm going to have to rummage through my 'horse parts' to come up with a suitable mount for him:)

(I also noticed that there are some crackin' examples of this fella painted up on the Elan 13 website, which I hadn't spotted before) Strangely a lot also have yellow coats):confused:

Stay safe folks
    Paul
    Nap and Chris Oldfield like this.
  5. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Lovely work, Paul,(y):). You have succeeded in capturing the essence of this chap. I've got the Mike Blank book, and learnt quite a lot from his methods.
    Although I'm not as proficient with the methods he outlines. Still, we all have plenty of time to practice at the moment! Old dogs can still learn new tricks:LOL:

Stay safe, old son,
    Alan
    Nap and DaddyO like this.
  6. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Alan - always worth having a go at new stuff, sometime I get stuck in the 'white uses this colour with that colour for highlights' frame of mind and trying something completely different refreshes the pallet and gives a healthy dose of 'ooooh something new to add the painting vocab':)

Stay safe and toodlepip
    Paul
    Nap and OldTaff like this.
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Cracking finish Paul.(y)
    DaddyO likes this.