1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

English archer 14-15 с.

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by vorobiov ruslan, Jun 12, 2016.

1. vorobiov ruslan A Fixture

Uganda
    Hi, Friends, I am glad to present to you my latest sculpture 75mm
    DSC05985.JPG DSC05998.JPG DSC05991.JPG DSC05994.JPG DSC05993.JPG DSC05986.JPG
  2. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great sculpt and very characterful.
    Cheers
    Mat
    Oda and vorobiov ruslan like this.
  3. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    One of the best representations of a longbow archer I have seen. The bow is spot on. The large quiver shown was usually used for transporting arrows to protect them from the weather and is unlikely to have been worn in the field. They usually stuck a supply of arrows into the ground beside their right side for easy access. A trained archer could shoot 10 to 12 shafts a minute. He could not do that if he had to pull them out of a travelling quiver. See pic below.

Cheers. Bob

Longbow archer.jpg
    Oda, vorobiov ruslan and Babelfish like this.
  4. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    I agree,beautiful sculpt and very realistic
  5. Oda A Fixture

Terrific figure!!!!!

Oda.
  6. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Also, arrows were carried point down where the pierced leather disc was utilised, fletchings uppermost. Point up could be risky! The larger arrow baskets, a wicker construction covered in heavy linen or buckram, had the arrows fletchings down, points up. Or, at least, that's how we used to do it in The Towton Longbowmen........

Alan
    Huw63 likes this.