1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

England-Germany 2-1

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Milorg, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Milorg Member

Norway
    Hello

Some early in progress pictures of a little Christmas project. Its a German and British soldier playing football during the well known Christmas truce in 1914.

Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and all the best for the New
    Year :)

All the best

Per Olav

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Super idea! Keep us posted on this one. I really want to see it come together!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    What a great idea, Per Olav! I look forward to seeing what you do with this one.

All the best,
    Dan
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    What a cool idea. I look forward to seeing the finished vignette.~Gary
  5. Evan August New Member

I'm sure it will be a great scene when done. Good luck!
  6. Bruno New Member

Hin Olav,
    great Idea! There is just a new German movie at the Cinema which shows the story of this event, when the German and Britisch soldier celebrated Christmas together in 1914.

I'm looking formward to see more! It is a great representation of our united Europe, which is so important for us all.

Best regards from Germany

Bruno
  7. Bruno New Member

Hi Olav,
    great Idea! There is just a new German movie at the Cinema which shows the story of this event, when the German and Britisch soldier celebrated Christmas together in 1914.

I'm looking formward to see more! It is a great representation of our united Europe, which is so important for us all.

Best regards from Germany

Bruno
  8. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Hello Bruno,

In fact it's a French, German, Belgian and British production based on events that happened at Christmas 1914.

MERRY CHRISTMAS the movie

:) Merry Christmas to all the pF members and peace to all the men of good will! :)

Quang
  9. y_wong New Member

A very interesting subject. Looking forward to the rest of it.

regards :)

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All.
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    That's a REALLY COOL concept you got there,Per Olav (y) (y) !!! I,too,will be looking forward to the completion of the vignette. Here's wishing one and all on pF a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a BLESSED NEW YEAR !! Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol: .
  11. Milorg Member

Norway
    Thanks guys, apreciate your nice feedback, I'll keep you updated.

Cheers

Per Olav

ps, Bruno, I'm realy looking forward to the release of the film "Merry Christmas" here in Norway!
  12. Bruno New Member

Hi Olav,

I love to see suche scenes and not only fighting men. I didn't know that the movie is a cooperation of France, Belgium, Britain and Germany, great I love it!

Next year for the first time we will have the Belgian Figurine Club, together with our friends from the French Club od Montrouge and our Italien friends of the Figurine Club of Rome as guests in our Ingolstadt show.

The figurine hobby can do so much to bring people of different nations, languages, races, religion and ethnic groups peacfully together. Thas the best of all.

Merry Christmas and a peaceful new year.

Bruno
  13. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Hey all,

If I'm not mistaken, Canada recently lost one of its few remaining Great War vets, 107 year old Francis (Clare) Laking, who was present and took part in the "Christmas Truce" depicted in Per Olav's vignette.

An imaginative and very timely idea Per Olav, can't wait to see this one done.

Cheers,

Brian
  14. Milorg Member

Norway
    Thanks for your feedback.

Here is an update, the German is finished.

Cheers

Per Olav

[IMG]
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    WOW,VERY NICE,Per Olav (y) (y) !!!
    Kenneth :) .
  16. Milorg Member

Norway
    Hello, and a happy new year!

My Christmas project is finished, at least the sculping. The base is kept simple and I will add snow to the ground. The helmet on the pole is one of the the goal pole. Now its back to my major WW1 project, so the painting on this vignette will not be done until later. I'm still a novice regarding sculping figures so any constructive comments are welcome.

All the best
    Per Olav

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Per Olav, great scene! I love it!
    Radek
  18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    That is a very cool vignette. I like it a lot.
    I'm looking forward to your next step.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  19. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great idea Per Olav, I like it very much.
    Best regards
    Pawel
  20. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hossa Per Olaf,

looks great....a very nice idea and very very different...can`t believe, that I missed this threat until today...

I love such ideas that show us some different views of an historical disaster and the people who had to "live" in such a situation - I think the WWI has been such a disaster and I think no one was happy to live in the dirt...but to play soccer in a quite moment like "Christmas" must be worth a lot for such poor soldiers/fathers/sons/brothers and so on...

Great work Per Olaf !!! (y) (y)

Just one thought about the sculpting: I think the shoulders of the German Guy are a little bit to broad when I look at his hips. And I also think I would have added some more folds at the belower overcoat. But that is just one of my thought...

I´m looking forward to see your next steps.

Cheers,
    Markus