1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Enchantment

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Eludia, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I have never tried a figure like this and would probably steer clear but your work here has my full interest Billy.
    I'm amazed at what you are getting into this piece with super brush work and colour selection.
    Good work.
    Keith
    Eludia likes this.
  2. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Keith, I really appreciate your praise and I'm glad you like her :)

I got home a bit late from work today so the light wasn't so great, these photos are taken in artificial light so they are a bit naff imho.

Anyhoo, last nights progress...

24-DSC_1041.JPG 25-DSC_1042.JPG 26-DSC_1043.JPG 27-DSC_1044.JPG

I did a bit more work on the metals, a bit more on her hair and picked out a few of the little details
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    She's coming along great.
    Eludia likes this.
  4. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Roger (y)

You make me feel slightly guilty every time you post because I've still got 3 little flats sitting in my shed unloved at the minute. Every time I see I see your avatar I think "Ok, I promise I'll try painting a flat next" but it never happens :(
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Three unloved flats in the shed!!?? Shameful! You know you're not going to get any peace now until we've seen some progress on them. :playful:
    Wings5797 likes this.
  6. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Next one....I promise.....probably.....maybe ;)
    garyhiggins and Wings5797 like this.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  8. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Oops, I'd better paint mine aswell then. :wideyed:
    Eludia likes this.
  10. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The new base arrived today and I'm very impressed with the quality of the casting. Its from a Polish company, Micro Art Studio and I think I would defo buy from them again. I took a couple of quick snapshots:

28-DSC_1050.JPG 29-DSC_1051.JPG

It's a pity that I only need a small section (probably the bottom part of the right hand piece) so I'll have to chop them up a bit :(
    John Bowery and billyturnip like this.
  11. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    don't know how i missed this awesome work .
    Eludia likes this.
  12. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Rob, I'm glad you like her (y)
  13. swralph A Fixture

Lot's of nice work going on now.
    Should look good with part of the base.
    Eludia likes this.
  14. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Ralph :)
    swralph likes this.
  15. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A bit more progress, unfortunately a little model show in Folkestone got in the way :)

She's starting to come together now but it still seems like there's a long way to go. The figure is only attached to the base temporarily so that's why it looks like she's about to fall over backwards. The dragon and base are both really rough at the minute but I'm happy with the way the verdigris on the brass is progressing (I knew I'd find a use for that pesky Cobalt Turquoise eventually ;))

I'm thinking about the best way to replicate moss on the flagstones so if anyone has any ideas then I'm all ears, my favourite idea so far is to use kiln sand over PVA for the general shapes and texture which I'll then paint with various greens and ochres.

Anyhoo, here's some pics:

30-DSC_1218.JPG 31-DSC_1219.JPG 32-DSC_1220.JPG 33-DSC_1221.JPG 34-DSC_1222.JPG 35-DSC_1223.JPG

p.s. ignore the blue circle on the base, it was an experiment that went horribly wrong.

Thanks again for tuning in. As always, comments and critique are most welcome :)
  16. swralph A Fixture

Progressing well now Billy.
    The only suggestion for moss that I have, is Woodland scenic's product's.
    If you like I could send you a sample,(free of course).PM me if you wish.
    Ralph.
    Eludia likes this.
  17. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Ralph (y)

I've already got some of the Woodland Scenics stuff but thanks for the offer :)
    swralph likes this.
  18. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking great check ammo products or ak interactive they may have your moss?
    Eludia likes this.
  19. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  20. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Yeah man, beatiful colours for Daenerys Targaryen. Likes me a lot your work.
    I paint with acrilics, but i'm making experiments with oil for some things, and myself is very lost with the colours to get, so with your permission i'm gonna steal some your selection colours. Thanks mate
    Eludia likes this.