1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Emperor, Ch'ling Dynasty 1711-1799

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Michaelminiatures, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    200mm white metal bust made by Seil. I have been working on this one for awhile, it is a beast. I feel like it is finely starting to come together. After hours of holding it and painting it feels like it weighs 5 pounds. Still much to do on this one.
    Thanks for looking,
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. jenghiz Active Member

England
    What a loss Seil's demise was,looking good so far.
    captnenglish likes this.
  3. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Mike, it looks very nice. The face colours are well done, the red of the hat too.

Ben
  4. Vitalino A Fixture

Hello Mike

great start, and a big piece lol !!

Regards

Vitalino
  5. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Mike,
    Been sitting on this piece for a good while.......Looks to me like you are doing one real nice job.
    Actually,this one is pretty close to be next in line.I did Seils Roman signifier a while back.Good casting but "major" prep work.
    Tune me in on what to look out for.I think this piece has much potential and as I said you are doing a mighty fine job...keep pushing....somewhat rare piece that caught my attention .........Regards.......Wayne
  6. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Mike:

200mm metal...wow, that must have given you a bit of a workout;) Nice job, it was worth the effort.
  7. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Mike,
    Wayne again.......Got my interest going on this piece so pulled it out and scanned it in detail.
    First,I know you're not finished and after looking at that;you've got a ways to go but you're getting there.But what you have done thus far is great.
    This piece is a painters paradise.......all the castings are perfect....the rest is up to patients and determination.
    Great work so far........don't give up .......you're almost there............Wayne
  8. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Nice looking paint job so far but if I was you, I would worry about that weight affecting your golf swing.:LOL:

Bob
  9. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys for the encouragement, spent a few more hours today. Wayne, it is a painters paradise and lots of different colors. Got the pearls finished took 4 hours the way i do them. I built the entire bust and then primed black. Would like to have painted the hat seperate but was afraid it would not go on the bust smooth. I am doing the dragoons in Humbol brass and a gold highlight with chestnut printer ink wash here and there. They look good so far. Got the green highlights in. A few more days work on this one. Bob my golf swing is on hold, until the ground thaws.
  10. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
    The face is great , really nice model .
    Vincent .
  11. swralph A Fixture

looking really good:)
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work on this giant.
    Waiting for the next serie of pictures.

marc
  13. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    This is the lastest photos, much more to paint, starting to get the paint in the dragons. Should be finished in a couple day. Added an eye photo as they are hard to see in the full image.
    Thanks for looking,
    Mike

Attached Files:

Tecumsea likes this.
  14. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Looking Good Mike
  15. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Excellent paintwork.
    I like the skintones.
    Ciao by Maco
  16. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Made some more progress on this bust, I think I am getting close. A few more highlights to go. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Attached Files:

17. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Michaelminiatures likes this.
  18. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Looks really good Mike;....tempted to give mine a go...................Wayne
  19. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    I have finished the Emperor, fun one to paint.
    Thanks for looking,
    Mike

Attached Files:

20. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Mike.......Great job....Hope mine turns out at least half as good as yours.......
    Did you notice how "light weight wise" the resin is? but the casting is perfect.
    Got your work in my file and yours is something to shoot for........Best regards.....Wayne
    And by the way.....The rest of the piece surely makes up for the lack of weight on the resin......Happy Holidays