11 months ago I recieved the Elizabeth bust for a review from Roman Rux, of Ademola 22 Miniatures. As I said in my review it is one of the most beautiful and well cast busts I have ever seen. I immediately had a request to paint the bust from a special collector and about 3 months ago started her. I kept taking photos in the event I decided to post a sbs of the painting process. Above is the box art painted by Roman Rux of Ademola 22. This was my primary color guide plus a couple of reference photos of painting I found on the internet. Click here for review Now the dilema began...........I don't do light flesh tones and most of you know I always have dark skin tones. Well, I knew my usual technique would not work and gave it some thought ( about 5 months worth ) of how to just go about it. It was imtimidating to even start the bust and I put it off for weeks and weeks. Finally after jotting down a few notes I began the flesh process as seen below. Above is the 2nd step of a Humbrol flesh wash over a Humbrol #121 pale stone base coat. After the wash ( 3:1 ratio) had dried I decided the flesh needed another wash and proceeded to apply another. Above is the second wash completed and I was satisfied I had darkened the areas around the eyes and mouth plus the ears enough. Now for the step that scared the crap out of me........the 1st dry-brushing of white over the flesh area as seen below. After my nerves had calmed down and looking at the 1st dry-brushing I decided it needed yat another one and began again the process of ever so lightly giving the flesh a second dry-brushing as seen below. I also decided that she needed some eyes and and also added the red lipstick plus painted the base coat of red brown for her red hair. Now I decided the complexion was right for the period of time Elizabeth I lived. I also decided she needed some red rouge on the cheeks and very carefully added the red rough to get a better idea of how she should look. To get a better idea of how the flesh would look with the rest of the bust I dry fitted the other components of the kit together as seen below. More to come.